Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for protecting the rear bumper? My kids use it as a step when climbing into the rear and it gets banged when loading stuff so the paint is beginning to take a beating. Are there any OEM or aftermarket solutions? I'm thinking of something like the stainless steel or chrome sill covers discussed elsewhere on the forum, but in rubber or plastic since metal could get slippery and could or be easily dented. I'm also open to DIY solutions - perhaps something that can be brushed or sprayed on or a peel-and-stick rubber sheet material.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I used 3m vinyl film but don't know how it would hold up to walking on it. I followed instructions on a youtube video and it came out fine. I also used it on the front door sills

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had mine Rhino Lined. I posted a picture under the Great Metris Photo Gallery.
I am real happy with the way it turned out. Great grip when stepped on, great protection, and looks like a factory install. Cost me $150 but it was worth it.
Take a look at it and tell me what you think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered mine from Recro Garage. It looks good--like it should have always been there! It comes in chrome or brushed steel. I got the chrome version. I had the body shop install it because it was beyond my skill level and I didn't want to mess it or the bumper up. I needed it because the dogs jump in and out the back and would have scratched up the bumper.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got the chrome recro garage also, but that was in combo with The kids trained to enter from a door and sit on a seat. Took a while, but they got it. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I bought mine on Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-M...-STEEL-2016-/152725332919?hash=item238f23a3b7

It works like a charm. Even my dealer was impressed. Just make sure you have it clean and alcohol swabbed for the adhesive to work as it should.
They also have a cover for the interior plastic trim that I should get-just in front of the sill).
B
Does yours look really chrome like this one? I bought mine from ebay too but it has more like a brushed steel finish. I like yours better

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
@DerDichter,
Yes, it looks like chrome/polished steel. I think they make a brushed finish, too.
yes, here it is:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-M...349164?hash=item238f23e32c:g:29cAAOSwD1xZ0Q3f

This is what I think I should get next.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-M...392991?hash=item238f248e5f:g:AZgAAOSwjFVZ0RM1

Oh yes, and a nice dash kit in Elm wood Burl.....
Any suggestions?
Bob

Thanks I think I ordered the Chrome but got the brusehd one, I didn't realize it until I installed it (I thought it had a protective film) I would probalby change it later but I'll wait a bit. I looks better but probably scratches easier...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts