Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m having an issue getting my ’16 passenger van to realize that the rear barn doors are closed. The dash indicates that the rear doors are open even after being slammed shut. Besides the annoying reminder that doors are open, this prevents locking side doors and rear doors, also prevents auto dimming of interior lights. I have cleaned out around the weather seal and that initially solved the problem but only temporarily. Sometimes the dash will show rear doors closed and then I open / close a different door and all of a sudden they are sensing open again. This seems to indicate a totally random electrical issue in my mind. On a side note I just had to replace my brake wear indicator sensors.…

I have a call into my local MB dealer, hoping to get some advice and avoid taking it in. I‘ve seen another thread about this issue w/ the lift gate, I think the consensus was just that the doors are sensitive and to keep door threshold clean.

• Is anyone else having this problem with barn doors?
  • Can someone explain to me how the sensors work, or part # to lookup?
  • Which fuse to pull in attempt to reset?
  • Would replacing the weather seals potentially help?
  • Any other trouble shooting ideas?
    Speedometer Vehicle Trip computer Odometer Gauge

·
Registered
4 Posts
My '16 will sometimes indicate the rear doors open with them clearly shut. I just go back there and push the top of the right door near the center line of the van. There is an audible click of the switch and the dash is clear. I assume mine is slightly out of adjustment. Never have worried about making an adjustment.

Ross

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
731 Posts
My van is still pretty new, and I have to always give my right barn door a little slam to close AND have the sensor - wherever it is - recognize the right door is closed. If I just close the door normal, I'm forced to jump back out. My slider needs a bit of operating force too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My left barn door sometimes requires some extra effort at times. The interior lighting should time out eventually regardless. That other doors can trigger it again reflects a partial failure/continuity of whichever one is the culprit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m having an issue getting my ’16 passenger van to realize that the rear barn doors are closed. The dash indicates that the rear doors are open even after being slammed shut. Besides the annoying reminder that doors are open, this prevents locking side doors and rear doors, also prevents auto dimming of interior lights. I have cleaned out around the weather seal and that initially solved the problem but only temporarily. Sometimes the dash will show rear doors closed and then I open / close a different door and all of a sudden they are sensing open again. This seems to indicate a totally random electrical issue in my mind. On a side note I just had to replace my brake wear indicator sensors.…

I have a call into my local MB dealer, hoping to get some advice and avoid taking it in. I‘ve seen another thread about this issue w/ the lift gate, I think the consensus was just that the doors are sensitive and to keep door threshold clean.

• Is anyone else having this problem with barn doors?
  • Can someone explain to me how the sensors work, or part # to lookup?
  • Which fuse to pull in attempt to reset?
  • Would replacing the weather seals potentially help?
  • Any other trouble shooting ideas? View attachment 20330
On bright days I use my key fob, if the park lights don't flash 3xs still not locked I leave my drivers side window open a 1/4" or 3mm to allow the air out of the cabin "doubt it works, might be a luck thing"
Be careful when slamming that back door the small plastic tailgate light housing assembly can fly out and get crushed
By the way is there a need, purpose, idea or reason for that $178 dollar rectangle of glass in front of the side mirrors??????? Can't find a button for them.....
On the inside looking from the dash, maybe a great place to stash some strudel, bratwurst or plush toy anything smaller might go missing til the next 1000 year Reich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts