Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done with my upfit. Ranger didn't offer a package with a 72" shelving unit and the tool box so I had to piece my own package together. I wanted to maximize shelving on the drivers side but also wanted the tool box/parts slider combo. The whole setup just barely fits

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just got done with my upfit. Ranger didn't offer a package with a 72" shelving unit and the tool box so I had to piece my own package together. I wanted to maximize shelving on the drivers side but also wanted the tool box/parts slider combo. The whole setup just barely fits
saw your reply on my cargo protection thread. Looks great. Probably close to what I'll be doing on the passenger side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks great! How's it working out 8 months later? Should I forget my worries about putting all of the weight on one side? I don't have a Metris yet (mid-range plan). Where your racks attach to the walls, are those mounting holes threaded?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks great! How's it working out 8 months later? Should I forget my worries about putting all of the weight on one side? I don't have a Metris yet (mid-range plan). Where your racks attach to the walls, are those mounting holes threaded?
Working out great. By far my favorite setup of all the vans I've owned over the years. The pull out tool box and parts drawer are well constructed and highly recommended . I estimate I carry about 800-1000 lbs with some of that weight being on the floor on the passenger side. There is slight lean to the drivers side but I don't feel it affects the ride much. I got the cargo package that included mounting rails on the driver and passenger walls. The shelving mounts right to the rail on the floor and the wall.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got my Ranger shelving and I am a bit blown away by the poor quality of the product. The aluminum shelving is all scratched, especially the edges where they rolled the lip over. It's rare that I get buyers remorse but this is that moment where I definitely don't feel like I got my monies worth. The part seriously looks like a cheap HDX garage shelving(with more scratches), for 25X the cost. I can't believe this thing is worth $2800. Has anyone else had such issue with Ranger products? I was told it was the best of the best, and I wanted the best for my Metris, but this thing belongs in a Chevy Astro van. The kit I purchased is the RD-M111.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just got my Ranger shelving and I am a bit blown away by the poor quality of the product. The aluminum shelving is all scratched, especially the edges where they rolled the lip over. It's rare that I get buyers remorse but this is that moment where I definitely don't feel like I got my monies worth. The part seriously looks like a cheap HDX garage shelving(with more scratches), for 25X the cost. I can't believe this thing is worth $2800. Has anyone else had such issue with Ranger products? I was told it was the best of the best, and I wanted the best for my Metris, but this thing belongs in a Chevy Astro van. The kit I purchased is the RD-M111.
I have no complaints with mine. Did you install yourself?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The only thing banged up is a few cracked plastic bins. I am just disappointed in the fit and finish of product. Yes I installed myself. No I did not cause scratches on the aluminum, I am in the technology integration business and I know how to handle fragile equipment. I'll try to post some pics so it's easier to see what I am talking about. I understand the painted products hide a lot of the flaws, but the WeatherGuard inside ladder rack had a nice fit and finish.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I didn't think you scratched it up. I figured maybe a upfitter did as it's not their truck. But, I hear you on the plain aluminum finish. Too me, it would have been better if ranger painted them white.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts