Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
2016 Metris Cargo radio will not turn off by key or button. Had to disconnect battery over weekend. My dealer has no idea as well. Metris in service garage @ Mercedes till we find out why. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Disconnecting battery didn't fix problem. Dealer just called and I was told radio needed software update. Ready for pick up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Oddly, mine did that for the first couple of days. I thought it was a sequencing thing because I couldn't demonstrate the problem for the dealer. Never came back.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi guys,
2016 Metris Cargo radio will not turn off by key or button. Had to disconnect battery over weekend. My dealer has no idea as well. Metris in service garage @ Mercedes till we find out why. Anyone else had this problem?
I had this problem once. I found the solution was to press and hold the "On" button for more than 15 seconds. That shut of the radio. I haven't had it happen again.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That just happened to me today for the first time also. ie my radio won't turn off despite pressing the ON/OFF switch as well as removing the key from the ignition. Even after leaving the van for 15 minutes, the radio was still playing when I returned.

Its the first time I've used the Metris since I tried using an SD card as a music source. Despite having the instructions in hand, I could not get the SD card to be recognized. No idea if that has a bearing on the problem, but it might to I included that fact.

Per Grich's suggestion, I just tried holding down the ON/OFF switch for 15 seconds and the radio turned off. Thanks Grich! :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good to know! My volume knob stopped working but the steering wheel buttons still had control. I power cycled the radio with no help. Later that day after a long stop, the knob started responding again.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Keep in mind this stuff is all computer, so resetting it like a computer (i.e. Triggering a hard reset type thing) is often the solution.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That's weird. I sort of have had the same thing but thought it was by design. Like when Im cleaning it up, I can listen to music without the key being on. I don't remember it not ever cutting off. I'll pay more attention, maybe I held the button.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts