Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I decided to use the regular old interior cargo van panels to insulate behind. My van did not come with all the panels, so I purchased some. Panels come without the push rivets. The rivets are about $7 each and the dimensions are not in the catalog. So, I am on the look out for cheapo rivets on the Internet. No rivet/fastener company seems to match the MB part number. I'm looking based on size. The cheapos are about $2 for 50. I guess that I can make a few ordering mistakes. I am waiting for warm weather to apply the noico insulation, i.e. Not in a hurry.

8mm hole right? What else should I look for??

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not sure which specific panels you had to get. But the upper panels in the rear and side doors need a bracket for each push pin. It's a very odd setup. There is a thread that has all of the part numbers. If you search for "panel" it will come up.

Reactions: Lala

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased the lower Oem panels only. I'm doing Windows or fabric on the upper.
I got the rivets that pounce pointed me to, they look like the right ones:)

·
Registered
292 Posts
These work too- uxcell 100 Pcs 8mm Nylon Rivets Retainer Bumper Fender Clips for Honda Acura. $6.52 for 100 of them on Amazon. [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HR5S2NS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts