Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone else received pricing for a trailer hitch? I was just quoted $2209.00 from the dealer. Uhaul doesn't carry them yet.

:|

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I emailed the dealer back. I don't get how when you build the Metris on the website, the hitch is listed as a $355 option but I'm being quoted $2209.

etrailer.com has Draw-Tite hitches (part number 76015) for $148.95 shipped. I ordered one. I have yet to see what I need in regards to wiring.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I assume the difference is they drop a premade harness into place and plug it in vs. the tech wiring and installing and programming it.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I once bought a 2000 Ford Econoline 250 in 2010 for $1500. It had the 5.4 V8, a partition, a nice center console desk complete with fold out clipboard, and a 7500 lb trailer hitch. 170k miles on the dial, but it under recorded massively during the 32k I put on the dial (recorded as 51k by my GPS unit). It was my market truck.

I dropped off about 150lbs of copper scrap with once with my merchandise still inside and the "big scale" weighed me in at a touch over 10k (GVWR 8600).

After the 50k overweight miles and about a year, the tranny dropped 4th gear and the high speed turning ****** the oil, and I found out (ha!) that Ford had invented the "idiot gauge" - an idiot light for oil pressure in the shape and appearance of an oil pressure gauge. So I thought I was having minor oil pressure problems when in fact the engine was starving. Seized engine. But seriously, for $2200 you can buy a good toe vehicle with all the equipment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great job! How difficult was wiring? And is this Draw-Tite hitch fairly standard (i.e., easy to connect to trailer)?

Yeah, no kidding greenmanedlion

I got the Draw-Tite hitch installed, it was a pretty simple install. Pics attached in case anyone is interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the Curt hitch for roughly $150 and installed myself. then took it to uhaul for them to wire it. It was $140 for the module and labor. The curt hitch is one heavy duty hitch. Only downside is how low it is. Wish it sat up higher and I could trim the bumpers olé the factory hitch. I was quoted $1100 from the dealer just for getting it wired, no hitch just wiring parts and labor.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got the Curt hitch for roughly $150 and installed myself. then took it to uhaul for them to wire it. It was $140 for the module and labor. The curt hitch is one heavy duty hitch. Only downside is how low it is. Wish it sat up higher and I could trim the bumpers olé the factory hitch. I was quoted $1100 from the dealer just for getting it wired, no hitch just wiring parts and labor.
Hi brad, I know this is a older threat but how did the Curt hitche perform? Any problems in the long run with the electronics in the Metris?
I cant find a decent installer for a OEM hitch here in Louisiana or its outrages expensive. So might have to consider same route but I am afraid that there will be lots of problems from what I read lately on the aftermarket hitches.
thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts