Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Passenger - 3900 miles - $50k
It's the full Reimo weekender conversion: Poptop, 3 seat bench that folds out, captains chairs. The top is paint matched and the base passenger van is loaded.

TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,295 Posts
I don't think its worth the price, but is it worth it to you? You might want this kind of van right now and want to enjoy it for the summer. Not many options if that is the case so it may have more value.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This whole setup in a new 2019 van would probably cost about $65,000 plus whatever wait to make it happen depending on the options it has. It seems like a deal if this is what you want.

I looked into the Reimo interior but decided against it because I wanted to have the option of more than 5 total seatbelts. A new passenger van with just a Poptop added is about $50,000.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,295 Posts
Check if the van started as a cargo van. If it was a cargo van then you don't have rear airbags for passengers. If it were me I'd want rear airbags if I had rear seats with belts.

You can get a new passenger van under 30k and add a pop top for another 10k. The folding seat they have in that van isn't cheap, but you have to want exactly seat for it to be worth it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It might be easier to estimate the Metris and the conversion separately to get a good idea of the total value. You can get estimates of the cost of a new Reimo Weekender conversion on the web, here's a weekender conversion from Peace Van with Reimo bench and rails and a SCA top.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,295 Posts
Great to see the additional detail. Nice clean setup. I'm sure someone will buy it at that price.

I used to live near there in the 90's. Miss smelling the kelp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya, that’s the one. I’m on the fence. Buying a comparable 16 would be around 25k and Reimo weekender is low to mid 20s. The GTRV weekender conversion are high teens but I hate their bench. Tough decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's a reasonable price. But you might be able to bargain a bit, depending on how quickly they want to move it.

Despite the low miles, it will be exiting warranty coverage soon (if it hasn't already), which raises the risk factor a bit for you as a buyer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts