Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I was wondering if the cargo area can be power washed?
Does anyone know if water drains from underneath the floor paneling.
How can the cargo area can be cleaned other than vacuuming Tks

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi everyone, I was wondering if the cargo area can be power washed?
Does anyone know if water drains from underneath the floor paneling.
How can the cargo area can be cleaned other than vacuuming Tks
I wouldn’t power wash the cargo area. I don’t think the water drains from the cargo area. This past winter I had a snowblower and the melting snow from it didn’t drain anywhere water just sat in the cargo area till I was able to wipe it down. You can clean it with a bucket water and a rag

·
Registered
147 Posts
I concur with Sadragna.
It is best not to put water in the van. I have used my leaf blower at time, but find it pushes dust into corners I didn't want to contaminate.
It is probably best to use a shop vac.
B

·
Registered
483 Posts
I just pulled my cargo factory ply floor as we're redo it with a solid hardwood. There are holes throughout the cargo floor metal with 'loose' fit rubber plugs, but nothing that would drain well from a power wash. If your cargo area has got cruddy and needs more than what a Wash Mart vehicle vacuum can give then I think you'd be ok with some 'mild detergent' wash bucket, a scrub brush and good WET/DRY Vac close by. Maybe consider i 'wet' cleaning on an incline where all water would gravity out the back. Car ramps? I say this because the batteries (especially the small 'back up') is right behind the pass. seat... dont want to get that wet.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just pulled my cargo factory ply floor as we're redo it with a solid hardwood. There are holes throughout the cargo floor metal with 'loose' fit rubber plugs, but nothing that would drain well from a power wash. If your cargo area has got cruddy and needs more than what a Wash Mart vehicle vacuum can give then I think you'd be ok with some 'mild detergent' wash bucket, a scrub brush and good WET/DRY Vac close by. Maybe consider i 'wet' cleaning on an incline where all water would gravity out the back. Car ramps? I say this because the batteries (especially the small 'back up') is right behind the pass. seat... dont want to get that wet.

Good call on the batteries location I forgot about that

·
Registered
292 Posts
Here is what the floor of my 2016 cargo van looked like with the plywood out. No drain holes....

OK, once again I can't post a low res jpeg image..... no help from tech support....

·
Registered
483 Posts
Here is what the floor of my 2016 cargo van looked like with the plywood out. No drain holes....

OK, once again I can't post a low res jpeg image..... no help from tech support....
you could pull the black rubber plugs in the floor...instant drain hole. :grin::wink:
Thats crazy you cant post images... I can snap a photo tomorrow, I still have area bare while I continue build out.

·
Registered
292 Posts
you could pull the black rubber plugs in the floor...instant drain hole. :grin::wink:
Thats crazy you cant post images... I can snap a photo tomorrow, I still have area bare while I continue build out.
Yes, I did pull a couple of those rubber plugs just to see why they were there. But after doing that, I was still confused on their purpose. As for being usable drains, they wouldn't do the trick since they are all in the center of the van and the van floor is not slope to make them effective drains. I think the only effective way to get water out of the back of the van would be a wet vacuum.

I'm not sure what's up with me not being able to post pics- I used o be able to add them. I get an email every few days from the tech support people asking me not so smart questions.... I was going to post a thread on how I installed my Sterling Power battery to battery charger but that's on hold until I can post pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts