Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Waking this up. Has anyone had anymore engine replacements or problems?
My 2016 GLC 300 is currently getting a new engine because 3 pistons cracked! They wanted $11k to fix it, but after I told the Mercedes service center that I'm going to do some digging because this is not normal for a car with only 40k miles on it, they said that I can have the engine for free and that I only had to pay about $4,500 for labor. While that sounds nice and all, I'm still going to report this issue to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to see if a possible recall can be initiated.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I haven't heard that one yet. Yours has the engine made in Tennessee in collaboration with Nissan. Good luck. I know Subaru has had some engine failures over something simple...like oil sensor parts separating and falling in the engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 GLC 300 is currently getting a new engine because 3 pistons cracked! They wanted $11k to fix it, but after I told the Mercedes service center that I'm going to do some digging because this is not normal for a car with only 40k miles on it, they said that I can have the engine for free and that I only had to pay about $4,500 for labor. While that sounds nice and all, I'm still going to report this issue to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to see if a possible recall can be initiated.
Just got quoted $11,500 - 14,000 to fix a cracked piston in my 2016 GLC 300. Dealer said they will contact MB Corporate to see if they'll show some mercy.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts