Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I find the stock steel wheels to be remarkably cheap looking for such a nice van - but I have to say that painting them black like that does make quite a difference.

·
Registered
933 Posts
You will NEVER have white Tarmacs on this van. I can clean my wheels and drive home and they are dusted. Love the look though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the idea of the steel wheel but agree they don’t do much to enhance the vehicle’s look. Perhaps a brushed trim ring? Can you photo-shop one for a look see?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had seen you post while trying to figure out what to do with my Metris. I liked the idea of the black wheels. The wheel options they come with are lame.
I've decided to go with more of an off road look like yours. Looks great! Trying to find 16" steel wheels that will work. I like the utilitarian look of a basic black steel wheel. I've found 16x7 steel wheels that might work but I'm unsure. They're the spare wheel that came with older S class sedans. Want to mount 215/65/16 BFGs on them. See link for example:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-mercedes-benz-parts/steel-wheel-priced-each/2034000302/

·
Registered
353 Posts
1. Keep the black steelies as is
2. Mount my 19" 1552 Tarmacs (Black or White)
3. Mount my 18" VW Passat wheels
I'll buy the black steelies if you're getting rid of them

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ended up finding 16x6.5 et 52 steel wheels on eBay. It’s a European size option we don’t get. The brand is Alcar and the seller is tunershop. If you search those specs on eBay they’ll come up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts