Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, does anyone know of an upfitter on the east side of the US that installs poptops? I’ve had no luck finding one east of Reno. Seriously.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You would have to wait until the border re-opens, but you could try Travois in Ontario...

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Definitely Travois. But contact the top manufacturers and ask who they sell to in the east. They want to sell product so they can be very helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, does anyone know of an upfitter on the east side of the US that installs poptops? I’ve had no luck finding one east of Reno. Seriously.
We got ours done by Reimo Americas just outside of Montreal, CA. They are licensed by Mercedes to do the pop-top, which was sent over from Germany. We live in CT so it was only a 7 hr drive. The border might open again on 8/21.

·
Registered
28 Posts
After the new year, we might be able to do it in our South Carolina location?

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,452 Posts
I recently, like this week, exchanged emails with PV on the possibility of getting a titled van upfitted at their SC location. This is where they are doing the Getaways. I was told its not a possibility at this time. I completely understand if they have an line set up for new vans. The tops they are doing for new vans are wrapped. Presumably to reduce or entirely eliminate paint work. Really smart idea. They may not be set up for paint and I want color matched.

@harleysitner if this is really a possibility in first quarter 2021 I'm game.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts