Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Driverge Getaway
24 Posts
Did your Getaway come with a patch kit? I don't see one in my Getaway and I need to patch a small hole. Wondering if that patch kit is standard issue.
The patch kit for the tent walls, not the screen, was in the glovebox with the tow hook. I have some of those holes in the fabric that were there from day one of ownership. They haven't leaked yet... we've had at least three different trips with rain and leaking has not been a problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello! I’m new here so forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere. A search didn’t turn up anything.

Three days ago I purchased a used 2020 Metris Getaway from a dealership that has only 230 miles on it. It wasn’t until I got home that I noticed 3 small holes in the poptop canvas. Has anyone successfully replaced just the canvas on the pop top? Has anyone had it covered by the warranty? I know we can patch it, but it is disappointing.

Additionally, the elevating struts that hold the bed up don’t work. I can’t find the replacement parts for them.
Needless to say the dealership isn’t so interested in helping us now that they’ve cashed the check. I feel totally ripped off after paying nearly $80K for a almost new van. View attachment 20339
PeaceVans.com can help with the gas shocks I have the same problem with my 2020 metris dozens of fine holes in the corners of my pop up So get out the garden hose check for leaks that material is like a tent "don't touch them in the rain" I found a two part water proofing spray, NEVER WET BY RUSTOLEUM so not to discolor the fabric I sprayed from the inside only it worked great!! I think it has to be a guy with a power washer down in the Carolinas blasting the material looking for leaks after the roof upgrade option was installed
I sent a Email to Mercedes in Germany with the list of problems and lack of basic options on my ride asked for $15,000 refund... Enjoy that veiw out the back window and electronic shifter A.
The patch kit for the tent walls, not the screen, was in the glovebox with the tow hook. I have some of those holes in the fabric that were there from day one of ownership. They haven't leaked yet... we've had at least three different trips with rain and leaking has not been a problem.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts