Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

What vehicle is your Metris replacing?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was kinda wondering about this. Does your Metris replace:

1) A larger vehicle (Ford Econoline/Chevy Express or bigger)
2) A similar vehicle (Astro/Aerostar/Excursion/Expedtion/Tahoe/Suburban/VW Bus)
3) A smaller vehicle (Mid size SUV, compact van, or smaller)
4) It is a compromise vehicle, replacing both a smaller passenger vehicle and a larger passenger or cargo vehicle)
5) It is a totally new vehicle in the fleet, not really replacing a specific car.

I would tend to place Tony (AEbad) in the second category, by the way- even though I get the impression he has not gotten rid of his Eurovan.

Mine is replacing a smaller vehicle, but I am voting 4, because that vehicle was a poorly executed compromise vehicle that replaced a large box truck and a sedan.

·
Read Only
16 Posts
2004 Nissan Quest. Great vehicle for us, served us well, but just getting too close to the point that it was going to start costing us too much money to keep it reliable. Had tons of space, but still not as much as our Metris!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would tend to place Tony (AEbad) in the second category, by the way- even though I get the impression he has not gotten rid of his Eurovan.
You are correct. The VW van isn't going anyplace! I just can't do it.

I have had some other larger vehicles also, but this one is really replacing the VW, which is now semi-retired. :grin:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Replaced a Ford E350 Powerstroke and a SAAB AERO wagon. Reduced my household displacement by 8.1 liters. The Metris is also much more fuel efficient than both of them and doesn't get pinged for commercial vehicle registration costs that the Ford did. Have yet to tow with the Merc though.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.