What vehicle is your Metris replacing?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was kinda wondering about this. Does your Metris replace:

1) A larger vehicle (Ford Econoline/Chevy Express or bigger)
2) A similar vehicle (Astro/Aerostar/Excursion/Expedtion/Tahoe/Suburban/VW Bus)
3) A smaller vehicle (Mid size SUV, compact van, or smaller)
4) It is a compromise vehicle, replacing both a smaller passenger vehicle and a larger passenger or cargo vehicle)
5) It is a totally new vehicle in the fleet, not really replacing a specific car.

I would tend to place Tony (AEbad) in the second category, by the way- even though I get the impression he has not gotten rid of his Eurovan.

Mine is replacing a smaller vehicle, but I am voting 4, because that vehicle was a poorly executed compromise vehicle that replaced a large box truck and a sedan.

·
Registered
181 Posts
VW Routan here, (aka Chryco junk) almost the same footprint.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2005 Toyota Sienna AWD. Similar footprint, but the Metris is a few inches taller and has noticeably more interior space.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Replaced my Toyota Cressida and my need to get a Tacoma... and a turbo and a rwd

·
Read Only
16 Posts
2004 Nissan Quest. Great vehicle for us, served us well, but just getting too close to the point that it was going to start costing us too much money to keep it reliable. Had tons of space, but still not as much as our Metris!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would tend to place Tony (AEbad) in the second category, by the way- even though I get the impression he has not gotten rid of his Eurovan.
You are correct. The VW van isn't going anyplace! I just can't do it.

I have had some other larger vehicles also, but this one is really replacing the VW, which is now semi-retired. :grin:

·
Registered
271 Posts
4) It is a compromise vehicle, replacing both a smaller passenger vehicle and a larger passenger or cargo vehicle)
I had a 2005 F-150 with a canopy/topper. Solar, Fan-tastic fan, interior console on one side. The truck was too big on the outside and a bit tight (just me) on the inside.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Replaced a Ford E350 Powerstroke and a SAAB AERO wagon. Reduced my household displacement by 8.1 liters. The Metris is also much more fuel efficient than both of them and doesn't get pinged for commercial vehicle registration costs that the Ford did. Have yet to tow with the Merc though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My wife and I love Chevrolet Astro vans, still have two of them, a 2002 and a 2005 AWD (last year they made them). We replaced our 2013 Chevrolet Suburban with the Metris. It's the closest thing on the market to the old Astros. We love it so far.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I replaced my Volkswagen "Dieselgate" car. Best investment I ever made - bought it for $29k, 5 years/85k miles ago, and sold it back to VW for $20k. Was a nice down payment on the Metris.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts