Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SD card with a little over 2000 mp3 music files. They arranged with with top level folders are the Artist name and within each artist folder are album folders.

When I select the shuffle/random mode, the system never plays anything beyond the first 100 or songs in the alphabetically first artist name folders.

I'm getting darn tired of hearing Adele!

Does anyone else use the SD card and notice anything similar?

·
Registered
271 Posts
When I play my usb stick on my B200 and set it to random it avoids certain songs after a 100 or so song cycle as well. Then it may pick them up later on.

When I had my '10 Jeep GC ltd with the same function it never repeated until all songs were played.

Could be just a Mercedes thing.

I plop my files directly too. No folders/categories and such. Just music files straight up in alphabetical order.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What is the largest SD or USB capacity that is compatible? I have a 200GB flash USB which it accepted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The randomize function on the mp3 player can only "see" the first 300 songs on a usb/sdcard. There's a random folder function, that will randomize up to the first 300 songs in a folder.

I like listening to random music so I wrote a script to copy random songs from my collection to folders on a usb/sdcard, with 300 songs per folder. Then I can just set the mp3 player to a folder, hear some random music, and switch folders when I notice repeats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Metris and have an SD card with around 60 songs in alpha order, no folders but only 6 songs play. Have tried two different cards and the same 6 songs play. All are MP3. Can’t figure out what the other songs won’t play? Thought?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a 2019 Metris and have an SD card with around 60 songs in alpha order, no folders but only 6 songs play. Have tried two different cards and the same 6 songs play. All are MP3. Can’t figure out what the other songs won’t play? Thought?
Probably differences in the codec settings of the files that its not liking.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Probably differences in the codec settings of the files that its not liking.

Sounds reasonable. I'm presently using a 128 GB flash drive with over 80 GB of songs (~17,000) and haven't found any problems playing any of them, even buried in several levels of folders.

·
Registered
2020 cargo 126wb
260 Posts
Sounds reasonable. I'm presently using a 128 GB flash drive with over 80 GB of songs (~17,000) and haven't found any problems playing any of them, even buried in several levels of folders.
That's a whole shitload of music there! Almost time to upgrade to a bigger drive :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts