Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard about these led bulbs "Philips 12839REDB2 Intense Red Vision LED Stop/Tail light, 2 Pack" or has anyone use them. I just order them off amazon since I need to replace my tail light housing might as well swap out the bulbs also order white one for reverse lights

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know about swapping in LED bulbs for the stop/tail lights; the Metris uses a single-filament bulb and varies the brightness for the tail and stop functions. I do second the use of LEDs for the backup bulbs; I got mine from Diodedynamics. They're great!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I order it off amazon going to see if they work. I got red bulbs for the tail light and turn signals and white for back up also got a red bulb for the rear fog

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got them in. I change out the driver side first since I had to replace my taillight i put in all 3 bulbs and got an error message on the dashboard for rear fog light and break/turn signal

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yup, the LEDs don't draw enough so the CANBUS, thinks you have a burnt out bulb. They will work fine but to get rid of the error you'll have to install resistors in line.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, the LEDs don't draw enough so the CANBUS, thinks you have a burnt out bulb. They will work fine but to get rid of the error you'll have to install resistors in line.
If a resistors is installed will that all stop the hyper flashing

·
Registered
63 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts