Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you're not comfortable I would just have the dealer perform the freebie recall.
Except nobody knows when the parts will be available...same with the gas recall fix and the rear view camera recall. I am looking at three recall letters in front of me and all say "Unfortunately, the parts to remedy this issue are currently not yet available." My van will be into the dealer next month for my annual pre paid maintenance and will ask them if they have any updates on the three recalls.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Except nobody knows when the parts will be available...same with the gas recall fix and the rear view camera recall. I am looking at three recall letters in front of me and all say "Unfortunately, the parts to remedy this issue are currently not yet available." My van will be into the dealer next month for my annual pre paid maintenance and will ask them if they have any updates on the three recalls.
I spoke to my dealer service writer (pays to use the same one). I told him I wanted the reservoir replaced too. He's checking availability, I assume on the retaining pin, but he said they would replace the reservoir too. No guarantee, but I can't imagine they want a paper trail of a damaged brake fluid reservoir getting sent back on the streets.

Reactions: Walstib

·
Registered
69 Posts
So today I pulled out the reservoir far enough to slide it back in with the split plastic pins going in correctly above the metal. Fairly easy, the only hiccup was the single pushpin plastic rivet that holds the reservoir was extremely loose and just slipped out. I fashioned a new pushpin from extras I had from installing new upper side panels. I'll keep an eye on my repair, but feels solid and will pick up the correct push pin soon.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Update of sorts. Got a letter yesterday. It appears the parts necessary to address the brake fluid reservoir mounting are available.

I can now make arrangements to have the vehicle in and have the brake fluid reservoir mounting/installation checked and if found necessary corrected.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Update of sorts. Got a letter yesterday. It appears the parts necessary to address the brake fluid reservoir mounting are available.

I can now make arrangements to have the vehicle in and have the brake fluid reservoir mounting/installation checked and if found necessary corrected.
I got the letter too. But I want a new fluid reservoir given the stress marks on my reservoir. I'm hoping that isn't a fight. The part's cheap enough but it will necessitate a bleed.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey! I have never dealt with a recall before. From what I read it affects my van for sure if it is a 2016 passenger? How should I proceed to get this resolved/inspected?

Thanks!
I got a letter from M-B informing my vehicle affected by this recall.

I read in the letter there is a VIN based recall lookup tool online which offers a search feature that will indicate whether a vehicle has been subject to a safety recall.

www.mbvans.com/en/recall-information

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hey! I have never dealt with a recall before. From what I read it affects my van for sure if it is a 2016 passenger? How should I proceed to get this resolved/inspected?

Thanks!
Look at the pix I posted earlier. If your reservoir rattles and looks like the below, get to a dealer.

Wood Font Line Automotive exterior Machine

21 - 29 of 29 Posts