Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
492 Posts
Yea, the 10% tax in WA isnt good. Downside of no state income tax. Oregon on the other hand has some painful income tax, but no sales tax. Depending on where you come from absolutely there are advantages of picking the right state.

I'm in exactly the same spot, but PV has said they are pausing weekender upfits to ensure they can meet demand for the Getaway so it makes the choice easier. I guess the Pandemic has impacted some of the parts like the SCA tops.

There may be more choices in the future. I like what Keystone is doing with the Corian. But when you realize they come from and also operate a countertop business it makes sense.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have looked at both Peace and Keystone and have decided on Keystone to do our conversion on a 2021 chassis. Both companies seem to do excellent work and get praise from customers. We like the Corian cabinet faces knowing that they are durable and we can pick any Corian color we choose. I am not thrilled with the portable water container in the Peace van and they could not give us an outside shower which we wanted. We had a Eurovan in the past and wanted the same features. Finally, and not insignificant is the cost. Peace is considerably more expensive than Keystone with the same options and Oregon has no sales tax. It adds up. That is our reasoning but I think either company would deliver a fine product. E
I have the same problems as you with the PV build, the portable (exposed) water container that only holds around 4 gallons and the lack of hot water and a shower. But I do like what appears to be better (OEM) fit and finish at PV instead of the use of carpeting and a better awning. I've held off making a decision without seeing both and am hopeful that PV may have an "improved" version at some point. Keystone appears to have better interior lighting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m scheduled to pick up my Peace Vans Full Camper in early January. Working remotely with Keith of MB Seattle and Harley & Adam of Peace Vans has been great!

Both businesses made extra effort to help when the 2019 van we had picked out was damaged at the Mercedes reassembly depot in South Carolina. Keith used some kind of magic (called in some favors? twisted a few arms?) to get us a near identical 2020 replacement with little additional delay and at the originally agreed price, while Harley and Adam worked to rearrange their tight conversion schedule and get our new van into their pipeline immediately upon arrival Seattle.
I Wascal: We picked up OUR PV Modern Dec 2020. Super happy with it. Wondering if anyone has a good fit storage piece to attach to rear of front seats --shoe storage plus small items

21 - 23 of 23 Posts