Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm from their neck of the woods and know them from the VW world. Impeccable reputation - classy operation and very well run. Noobdy in the VW world is unhappy with them and I feel really good about that because we are a picky group.
Been looking at Metris vans for 2 years as I age out of my Vanagon. When it's time, I'm sure I will end up with peace vans unless mercedes finally bring a marco polo.
They seem to work very closely with the local dealer near Seattle (not my dealer). You can see pictures from their internet site of metris vans on the dealer floor.

The rent Metris vans too. Also something like 20 vw vans. If you ever are in seattle it's worth it to go by if you like VW. It looks like 100 vans there at all times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’d love to hear some feedback as well. I’ve been in touch with them regarding the, Weekender. Love the setup but it appears there are no tie downs anywhere for all the extra gear one would want to bring along.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Last month I ordered a Peace Vans "Full Camper" conversion with an ETA of mid-September. I'll post updates on how it goes. Five-star customer experience so far. As a trial run we took one of their rentals out on the Olympic Peninsula for a week last Fall and had a blast!

Just a thought: could tie-downs anchors be popped into the floor rails that they install for the rock and roll bed? Also they entertain custom modifications.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Weekender Conversion from them. The standard hook tie downs from the Passenger version remain after the conversion. Not sure what extra gear you are hoping to bring along but so far, we've felt it's worked out great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have anymore insight/thoughts impressions of the Weekender? Really digging the set up and thought that it can be my daily fit in the garage vehicle. Was just wondering if one or Peace Vans could add L-Track on the floor for multiple tie down options for Dometic fridge? Or some sort of kitchen pod? Hate to have this stuff flying around unsecured.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too can vouch for Peace Vans' quality & business integrity. Before my current 2nd-hand 2016 Metris, I had a 1990 Vanagon that Peace Vans maintained and serviced, and they were top notch. They are true believers in the "van life" and were dedicated to keeping 30+ yr old vehicles happy and on-the-road.

I know they did a lot of research into the parts and components they use in their Metris conversions...all of which have to be imported from Europe. I think if you have special needs or concerns, they'd be more than willing to talk through your options and any custom configurations.

I'm not doing a standard upfit, because I'm hooked on the flexibility of the Metris as a cargo hauler, people hauler, and weekender/camper. So I'm going the D-I-Y route, with simple modular components that can be swapped in or out, depending on how I'm using the van that week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I finally swung by Peace Vans the other day. They seem to be cranking them out - I think I counted 11 Metris vans (plus 3 they own, so a total of 14) on site in various stages. As a few others have mentioned, they seem to be the real deal. I am listing my VW for sale next month and will be plopping down the cash for one of their modern metris campers. I was impressed with the quality and the experience they have at this point. It's not cheap, but it was surprisingly competitive with the other options (in fact, when I did the apples to apples Peace Vans was no more expensive).

There's a new "forest green" color I'll order.

Will post updates. They mentioned April to pick up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sorry I didn't see your question sooner. I don't hang out here on the forum unless I've got a question. We were an early full camper conversion by Peace Vans and are extremely happy with the build and functionality of the whole camper. We're lucky in having Keith at MB Seattle who has worked with Peace Vans to make it all work very smoothly. There were a few communication issues but I feel they've gotten those things worked out since ours was delivered last July. It's my daily driver and our weekend getaway vehicle and it would be hard to be much happier with the whole thing. Good luck!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm not doing a standard upfit, because I'm hooked on the flexibility of the Metris as a cargo hauler, people hauler, and weekender/camper. So I'm going the D-I-Y route, with simple modular components that can be swapped in or out, depending on how I'm using the van that week.
That's how I've done my Metris cargo. Last week loaded with event gear. Posting this right now from upstate NC with 'camping' setup....bed and workstation table.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m scheduled to pick up my Peace Vans Full Camper in early January. Working remotely with Keith of MB Seattle and Harley & Adam of Peace Vans has been great!

Both businesses made extra effort to help when the 2019 van we had picked out was damaged at the Mercedes reassembly depot in South Carolina. Keith used some kind of magic (called in some favors? twisted a few arms?) to get us a near identical 2020 replacement with little additional delay and at the originally agreed price, while Harley and Adam worked to rearrange their tight conversion schedule and get our new van into their pipeline immediately upon arrival Seattle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts