Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The window control switch on the driver door will not lower or raise the passenger window. driver door window switch operates driver side window normally. The switch on the passenger door works to lower and raise the passenger window. And if using the passenger door switch to lower or raise the passenger window and you push the switch on the driver door it interupts the window motion, so it seems there is still an electrical signal of some sort between the two.

Any idea why driver door control switch would fail to operate the passenger door window?

·
Registered
16 Posts
The window control switch on the driver door will not lower or raise the passenger window. driver door window switch operates driver side window normally. The switch on the passenger door works to lower and raise the passenger window. And if using the passenger door switch to lower or raise the passenger window and you push the switch on the driver door it interupts the window motion, so it seems there is still an electrical signal of some sort between the two.

Any idea why driver door control switch would fail to operate the passenger door window?
Hi Did you happen to figure this problem out? I have the same thing. Also I noticed it happened right after I got the interior washed. Which makes me think it's the switch.
Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Did you happen to figure this problem out? I have the same thing. Also I noticed it happened right after I got the interior washed. Which makes me think it's the switch.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue, I can roll the passenger window down but not up from the driver's control. I took it to Pep Boys and they said thenmoter was fine. It worked again for two hours and went out again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My issue was fixed by replacing the driver door window control unit on the door panel. It comes out pretty easily and I think you can find it online or on ebay at a reasonable price, just unplug and plug in new unit. I had mine replaced by my local service shop during an oil change visit. About $150. They hooked it up to the MB computer thingy and it isolated the problem. There's no guarantee that's your problem though, these MBs are very electrically integrated and some sensor, or computer glitch could cause issues anywhere. Next time I have this issue I'll just start by replacing the unit myself.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P.S.

I believe mine started acting up after getting my front windows tinted. The installer likely soaked my window control with soapy solution while applying the tint. Others in this string mentioned theirs went buggy after washing the interior. I'm going to guess these control units are highly moisture sensitive, so beware!!

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
530 Posts
Thank you for the heads up.

I have seen a few window tinting demonstration videos in the past, and was horrified with a few how much water they used, just running down the interior of the door, without any regard or protection for the electronics.

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
336 Posts
Hmmm... I was thinking of going through the car wash, but maybe I'll just let the rain do the job. I live on a gravel road so it just gets dirty anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My new to me 2016 just developed the same problem. The drivers side controller allows me to lower the passenger window but not raise it. I did have a rain storm last week and yea maybe some moisture entered the system.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Rain water regularly enters the interior of door panels on cars; they have drains for that reason; usually the electronics that are not watertight (like wires) tend to be shielded from the wet by a vapor barrier (sheet of plastic). A possible cause is your van had that vapor barrier damaged by someone doing a bad job of personal up fitting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new to me 2016 just developed the same problem. The drivers side controller allows me to lower the passenger window but not raise it. I did have a rain storm last week and yea maybe some moisture entered the system.
Mine will roll passenger up but not down. If I start the window up or down using passanger control,... the driver control will stop it but no way will it roll it down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts