Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was curious if anyone knows why the MB Metris cargo van is available in both 126 and 135, but the passenger version is only available in the 126 we length?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have 6 people on a trip, it can consume a lot of luggage space.

I guess in my case, I was thinking of having 2 rows of seats and then max potential space behind the 2nd row for "stuff".

I like the Metris, but most of my experience lately has been sprinter / promaster / transit, where a 158 in WB is considered "short".

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
There are a lot more size classes of vans in Europe; we have basically two. This results in the misclassification of two vehicles- the Nissan NV200/Chevy City Express, and the Metris.

In Europe the NV200 is slotted in with compact vans like the Citroen Teepee, and Fiat Fiorino none of which are sold here (I forget the name of Fords entry into this market.)

The Mercedes-Benz Citan, Ford Transit Connect, Fiat Doblo (Ram ProMaster City), and Volkswagen Caddy comprise the next tier up, and are generally seen as “midsize” vans.

The Mercedes-Benz Vito (Metris), Ford Transit Custom, Fiat Talento, and Volkswagen Transporter are all on the same segment. They are roughly a quarter size bigger than our “minivans” although built to work rather than do family duty, and are called full-size vans (actually they are usually referred to as “transporters”)

The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, Fiat Ducato (RAM ProMaster), Ford Transit, and Volkswagen Crafter are another size up again. They are considered LCVs (light commercial vehicles) and are used and seen more as a step down from a truck than a step up from a van. Many European countries in fact require a special endorsement on ones license to drive them.

Also to be honest if I couldn’t fit luggage for 8 adults in the back of my van for a weeks vacation, I’d wonder if they were descendants of Lucy Ricardo.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also to be honest if I couldn’t fit luggage for 8 adults in the back of my van for a weeks vacation, I’d wonder if they were descendants of Lucy Ricardo.
Apparently guilty as charged. :surprise:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts