Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need anchor points in the rear of my 2016 Passender Van. The seats are out and I need four anchor points for ratchet straps around the rear door opening. Top and Bottom?

Was there an option? Any ideas?

·
Banned
2,517 Posts
There was an option- the cargo net. That would have also fit anchors into the grab handle/vent assemblies. I find ratcheting tie downs often preclude the need for upper anchors. But since you say your transporting art, I assume that was already dismissed out of hand for its brutality.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

No, we do use ratchet straps. Typically, as we did today, 10 paintings, framed, in the 36x60" range are transported, standing up, separated by cardboard or foam core, and held to one side of the van by ratchet straps. Trouble is, no where in the rear to attach them. The front and middle have rings which will do fine. The rear, nada.

·
Banned
2,517 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are located in roughly the same place as each of the grab handles, plus a final set right at the rear. Unfortunately, somebody has modified my rear door so I can't check at the moment.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There was an option- the cargo net. That would have also fit anchors into the grab handle/vent assemblies. I find ratcheting tie downs often preclude the need for upper anchors. But since you say your transporting art, I assume that was already dismissed out of hand for its brutality.
Do you know the part number for the anchors you mention? Definitely a worthwhile upgrade in my book!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts