Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a major renovation of my van, insulation and cabinets, now the rear passenger parking light is staying on for 15+ minutes after I remove key? Worried I put a screw into something

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just did a major renovation of my van, insulation and cabinets, now the rear passenger parking light is staying on for 15+ minutes after I remove key? Worried I put a screw into something
It sounds like you just have the light switch turned to the left hand standing lamp position (all the way to the left).

·
Registered
191 Posts
wait, you said passenger side

It sounds like you just have the light switch turned to the left hand standing lamp position (all the way to the left).
Correction: I should have written "It sounds like you just have the light switch turned to the right hand standing lamp position (almost all the way to the left)."

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Light switch is on Auto. Just one red light passenger rear staying on. Eventually overnight it went off but it stayed lit for quite awhile. Starting to think it might have something to do with sliding door being open and closed and not locking the car while it's in the garage. More testing to follow.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think it might turn on the light on the side of the sliding door that is currently open, might be a safety thing. I think I've seen mine do that too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts