Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our passenger side sliding broke the other day, cable dangling outside of track. Has anyone had this happened to them? :crying:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a sliding door with the cable snapped. Quoted one month for parts to come from Germany.

Anyone know if this is covered by 160K extended warranty? - otherwise I think its going to be very pricey :-(

·
Registered
869 Posts
Sadly, this issue tends to support my "[email protected]" theory which led me to avoid: BLIS, Parktronic, Becker Map Pilot and the Premium Safety Package altogether. Occam's worn out and misused razor?, meaning aren't these issues inevitable with complexity? Sliding doors are difficult enough without 20th Century automation efforts. Reminds me of the headlight pods on old 'vettes or the covers on various Buick and Olds models. "Failure is not an option."

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
The thing about those options you mentioned, @focus805 is that they can fail without you having much of a problem; I bought the Becker assuming it would fail within 5 years (I’m actually impressed it still basically works), and the same with the safety systems; when they fail, I don’t have to actually repair them.

When the power sliding doors fail, you need to fix them! That’s where they really suck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts