Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you interested in ordering a passenger Metris you will have the choice between 2 seating arrangements.

2-2-3 or 2-3-3 layout...

·
Registered
15 Posts
for the two person bench in the second row, would the bench be able to face backwards? Judging from the tracks on floor, it seems possible to me. Any thoughts?

thanks.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
The "tracks" only come with the appearance package, and are visual. The picture of the slots in the equipment guide tells the story more accurately. Its not a "track", its a slot. It does not look to me like they are symmetrical.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
The "tracks" only come with the appearance package, and are visual. The picture of the slots in the equipment guide tells the story more accurately. Its not a "track", its a slot. It does not look to me like they are symmetrical.
Thanks for finding and posting this, from what it seems there might be one way to lock a seat in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out. It seems the Metris will come with the slots. In many photos and videos, such as the one of done by Fast Lane Truck at the Colorado press reception, and also on page 52 , for HZ7, of the equipment guide, I see tracks. I bet what happened is they used the Vito, rather than a US version Metris, in a lot of the photos and also for the press reception in Colorado. I do not understand why they are giving the US market such scanty equipment, such a stripped down version. I was hoping I can change the seat configuration, and have the second row face backwards. deduct 10 points for the Metris.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I looked at the video by Fast Lane Truck again and at around 3:55, they show a photo of the slots. It is not a track, and it is a long piece of chrome, with slots in it. There is an empty slot between the second and third row seats. what is the empty slot for?

thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
just looked at the Vito video on Youtube, and it shows that they do have a track. It is a track consisting of a continuous line of many slots, repeating continuously along the entire track, unlike the USA metris which only has 2 or 3 slogs on its "track". The Euro version seems so much better. I cannot imagine how much more money a few more slots would cost. Seems like MB is really skimping for its usa customers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's the way it seems to have always been, home markets getting the best of it with other markets getting the typical skimped out version and it's not just the germans.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Actually, what a guy at MB told me was that the tracks, for various reasons, are not US market compliant. They'd have to design, engineer, and certify a whole new system for here, while the subframe slots are compliant. Nothing is ever simple in the highly regulated auto business.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i believe more then a fair share of confusion came from Mercedes decision to show journos initially the EU spec Marco Polo...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Actually, what a guy at MB told me was that the tracks, for various reasons, are not US market compliant. They'd have to design, engineer, and certify a whole new system for here, while the subframe slots are compliant. Nothing is ever simple in the highly regulated auto business.
Maybe it has to do with safety of load regulations here and if so we might see that change in the future where it's in line with what the EU has, i heard about something like that happening years ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts