Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,517 Posts
I don't. However, if you are noticing that it has speed sensitive volume, I suspect you have a defect. Call your dealer.

I mean it does, but it's completely seamless on mine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems that at about 50 mph the volume abruptly increases substantially to an almost undesirable level. I only have 500 miles on the thing!

·
Banned
2,517 Posts
That sounds like a defect. I haven't noticed any obvious change in volume anywhere between stopped and 101mph. All I notice is that the stereo feels like it's volume remains the same, despite the increase in wind/road/tire/engine noise. And it's not a quiet car, so the volume must be going up.

By the way, nothing quite sounds like an M274 effortlessly pushing a Metris up a crowned bridge at 101mph. Try it, you'll forget about the stereo.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The motor sounds amazing to me, and I really like the stereo as well! No real complaints yet other than the volume thing.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks GM! I asked my dealer to check it because SSV didn't seem to be working. He said that since I didn't have navigation, it was not there. I think he was thinking about the "audio fadeout" feature with Nav. I couldn't find anything in the Audio 15 manual but saw some dealer ads that mention it regarding the Sprinter which has Audio 15 but may have different features.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Although the service advisor did not seem to understand my concerns, he did enter my list as written on the service order and the tech did understand. The software for the radio and dash were updated and the speed sensitive volume appears to be working seemlessly as GM described. We will see about the clock.

C

·
0 Posts
The volume knob stopped working today for two hundred miles or so. All of the input modes were affected. I pulled off the road, disconnected BT, tried radio, USB, and AUX. I turned the ignition off and re-checked the radio, USB, and AUX before I reconnected the BT; nothing. I tried the volume after a gas stop and it was working again. FIIK.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The volume knob stopped working today for two hundred miles or so. All of the input modes were affected. I pulled off the road, disconnected BT, tried radio, USB, and AUX. I turned the ignition off and re-checked the radio, USB, and AUX before I reconnected the BT; nothing. I tried the volume after a gas stop and it was working again. FIIK.

I have had this happen a few times over the past few years. Occasionally it has also become possessed and become unresponsive while also playing at a very high volume. Fun stuff. I mentioned it to dealer during something else and got the "functioning normally" response...as I have for so many other little issues that are clearly not normal...like the fact the radio reception is horrible.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the volume knob stop working once, but the volume buttons on the steering wheel still worked so it wasn’t too urgent. I found a reset option in the audio 15 menu and that fixed it instantly. It also erases any paired phones and contacts.

I also used the reset option another time when the blue tooth wouldn’t connect with my phone. After pairing the phone again, it worked instantly.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The volume knob stopped working today
Been there, done that.

Press and hold the power button until the radio reboots. It's the Audio15 version of the good old "control alt delete" for PCs.

Unlike the reset method that Mr Green mentioned, it doesn't clear bluetooth settings. But, I did find that it resets the equalizer settings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts