Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with paint? I picked up my metris last week in Pa. I LOVE it! I have the red and I blacked out the wheels...looks sharp. However I have noticed a few paint chips..looks like bad paint prep to me. Various places on the van. I let MB of Charlotte look at it today to determine whether MB will cover the repair...if not I will do it and it should not be noticeable.

Thanks,
Land

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Yeah. It stinks, honestly. They covered an issue that was obvious bad prep, but not chips.

I didn't really push them on it, though.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree, bad prep. I just want them to do touch up... I can do it and I will if they refuse. The paint is great overall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have also had and issue with paint flaking off the roof of my Metris. It looks like it is flaking only a glue line. Have you had any other issues with your paint? My dealership is being a bit of a pain on this issue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 2016 Passenger Metris with 52,000 Miles. Paint peeling off above windshield. Call up MB and they sent me straight to their approved paint shop. Body shop took pictures and sent them to MB Dealer. Week later I get a call that they will not cover because they say it was caused by rock chips not a paint defect. I told them if it was rock chips the windshield would be chipped or cracked. I took it down to the dealer and spoke to the service manager so he can see it in person. He agreed it was not rock chips and told me to give him a few days. He called me back and said they will cover it but would not be able to provide a loaner due to it being fixed out of the dealer and at a body shop. I knew he was full of **** but didn't want to argue anymore. Besides I had by fathers Z4 to borrow. :) They gave me a day and time to drop it off at the paint shop. I arrived and they looked it over again. I made a joke about if they wanted to paint my paint my hood that is full of rock chips and make MB pay for it. The guy at the paint shop laughed. I was like "hey I tried". Took them 4 days as they had to remove the windshield and roof rails. I come and pick it up after they call me and sure as **** they painted the hood also and fully detailed the van. I did not say anything but was very happy how everything came out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts