Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2020 Metris brand new it came with a full tank of gas. My issue is that when I went to fill up the gas for the first time I stopped at the first click and when I started the van it was reading one line below full. Called the dealer and they said it might be an over pressure sensor preventing you from filling to full. Is this true? Should I be worried? No lights on dash.. Any one have the same problem filling the tank to full or 1/1 like it says on the dash

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
342 Posts
I think some nozzles are more sensitive than others and they click off with just a bit of back splash. I've had some that I've had to squeeze sightly to keep it filling the last bit, others no problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried again today it would only hold another $7 before clicking and the needle has not moved from the same position didn't t drive much since first fill up

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
342 Posts
Maybe the tank is full and the gauge is wrong. The bottom quarter is usually off by quite a bit, runs out very quickly if you're not careful. Can you get more in if you put just the tip of the nozzle in and fill slowly?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's stragne I have not tried to fill it more since my last post but today driving home I realized the gauge has has moved up slightly over the above mentioned line I will try to fill it up more tomorrow and get back

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hope you get it solved. When you got your bike in the Metris, feel free to snap a pic and post it. Oddly, I enjoy seeing a motorcycle inside. So stealthy...many guys I hang with can't believe it fits. :D *I'm not a bike owner.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's stragne I have not tried to fill it more since my last post but today driving home I realized the gauge has has moved up slightly over the above mentioned line I will try to fill it up more tomorrow and get back

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope you get it solved. When you got your bike in the Metris, feel free to snap a pic and post it. Oddly, I enjoy seeing a motorcycle inside. So stealthy...many guys I hang with can't believe it fits. :D *I'm not a bike owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
My winch and battery installed
Nice photos, thanks. Does it take 2 people to load your bike with the winch? (One to guide bike, other to start-stop winch?)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Nice photos, thanks. Does it take 2 people to load your bike with the winch? (One to guide bike, other to start-stop winch?)
I do it alone thats why I got the winch installed so I don't have to push or start the bike the winch pulls I balance and walked it up the ramp but unfortunately with barn doors at the rear nothing over 4 feet fits in the van. Also today the gas needle moved to full so wired ⛽? will post more pictures of the winch set up it came with a 12foot wired remote I cut the cord and extend it so I hold the remote in my left hand along with the left handlebar of the bike and right hand on the right bar then I put the loops on the forks and clear the front fender and proceed to hook the winch cable to the looped straps pull the blanace the bike kickstand up the pull in neutral once I'm inside I release tension and unhook winch and put the bike on the wheel chocks and tie down. With the extention of the remote I can reach bot past the ramp and all the way to the driver's seat will post pictures for reference after work today

·
Registered
598 Posts
I do it alone thats why I got the winch installed so I don't have to push or start the bike the winch pulls I balance and walked it up the ramp but unfortunately with barn doors at the rear nothing over 4 feet fits in the van. Also today the gas needle moved to full so wired ⛽? will post more pictures of the winch set up it came with a 12foot wired remote I cut the cord and extend it so I hold the remote in my left hand along with the left handlebar of the bike and right hand on the right bar then I put the loops on the forks and clear the front fender and proceed to hook the winch cable to the looped straps pull the blanace the bike kickstand up the pull in neutral once I'm inside I release tension and unhook winch and put the bike on the wheel chocks and tie down. With the extention of the remote I can reach bot past the ramp and all the way to the driver's seat will post pictures for reference after work today
Ahhh ok. I thought maybe something like that came with a remote of some sort. Nice setup. Always appreciate it.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I forgot to Mention this in your gas gauge post, sorry about that. Just to point out that the Metris has a strange gas gauge in my opinion. Somehow it operates on the basis of detecting when the tank is full, and then accounts for loss from the tank based on how much fuel is being used by the engine, rather than having a continuous tank fill sensor. It is possible the gauge was being calibrated by the computer during your recent usage.

the efficacy of this system is questionable. I have never had problems with trusting my gauge- I fill it at the next convienent trusted station after the light comes on, and I have never put more than 17.5 gallons in, even though it can be 40-50 miles+ After the light comes on before I fill it.

but others have had problems with the system overestimating available fuel and range, and have run out of gas as a result. Just FYI.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I forgot to Mention this in your gas gauge post, sorry about that. Just to point out that the Metris has a strange gas gauge in my opinion. Somehow it operates on the basis of detecting when the tank is full, and then accounts for loss from the tank based on how much fuel is being used by the engine, rather than having a continuous tank fill sensor. It is possible the gauge was being calibrated by the computer during your recent usage.

the efficacy of this system is questionable. I have never had problems with trusting my gauge- I fill it at the next convienent trusted station after the light comes on, and I have never put more than 17.5 gallons in, even though it can be 40-50 miles+ After the light comes on before I fill it.

but others have had problems with the system overestimating available fuel and range, and have run out of gas as a result. Just FYI.
Wow thanks alot that help out here is some pictures of the wiring for the winch

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried again today it would only hold another $7 before clicking and the needle has not moved from the same position didn't t drive much since first fill up
You have a problem that only the dealer can fix
The vapor from the gas is backing up into the nozzle which tells the pump that your tank is filled

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have two 2016 and filling up is a nightmare! Turns off every 2-7 gallons takes 10-15 to get a full tank. I just get excuses from dealer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts