Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how often anyone comes on these boards anymore, is there a new forum somewhere for Metris owners?

I'd like to order a 2021 135", but, I was hoping to configure it as a 5 passenger as I need to take my daughter to daycare a few times a week. The build tool makes it so you can add side windows if you spec the divider, which is odd, but no way to spec the seat. Anyone have thoughts on this or an actual dealer to assist in the build/ordering process.

The dealers around me here in DC aren't very up to speed on custom work vans...

·
Registered
2020 cargo 126wb
270 Posts
I just looked through the 2021 DOG, and you still can't order any seats for a cargo van, either 126 or 135. And I was puzzled too when I ordered my 2020 126 cargo that I couldn't order a right side window without also taking the partition, which precluded the heat/air duct to the cargo compartment. My solution to that was to order the duct and no window or partition. I had an auto glass shop cut in the window. They did a beautiful job and it looks just like the factory window.

I wanted a bare cargo van with two removable seats, so I arranged to have an upfitter install a new euro four-rail floor and two removable captains chairs. This route is more expensive than just getting a passenger version, but it is what I wanted. Unfortunately, the upfitter I chose is across the border in Canada (Travois) and Canada's border security agency closed the border to non-essential crossings due to COVID. So I am still waiting to get my new floor and seats installed.

If you are set on getting the 135 you will have to do something similar. Or resign yourself to the hard-to-handle seats in the passenger 126.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really appreciate the input. I'm kinda on the fence on what to do. I currently drive a 2017 Cargo 126, but, I can't take my daughter to and from daycare. I have (2) 2016 passenger vans in the fleet, but, they serve that purpose more then cargo. Dunno, what I should do, but, I genuinely appreciate you chiming in!

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
That makes absolutely no sense. Or I suppose par for the course for laws. Anyway, just put some sovereigns in their pocket and that should bring the total up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts