Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the 2 microswitches in a 2016 Metris are for in the front latch for the hood & does anuone know where to get an electrical drawing for this vehicle showing the switches

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
The switches are to monitor the closed position of the hood. You will get annoying as FigHill Bing bongs and warning lights if it isn’t.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I envy you. My latch sensor went. It almost put me in the funny farm with the cacophony.
Do you mind if I ask how you remove the hood sensor alarm and replace it. I have the hood warning coming on when I open and close the hood (even though its closed) intermittently, and I order a replacement switch but cant find any instructions online to swap it out. I'm scared to open the hood without knowing the difficulty level of swapping it, since the warning will come back (lots of jiggling it has gotten it off for now)? Thanks for any help!

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Well my procedure was 1) drive to dealer, 2) accept loaner, and 3) write large check. I suspect that isn’t the one you are looking for though.

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
342 Posts
Darn switches. Fired up my JD lawn tractor this morning to blow the snow. Let off the brake and the engine died. Phoned dealer. Seat switch is frozen. Disconnect and short with a paper clip for now. Laneway now cleared. Wish everything was this simple...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts