Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just peeking under my van this evening and I noticed a film of oil almost all the way around the sides of my oil pan. Doesn't appear to be a full on leak but I didn't take the splash shield off to get a closer look yet. Has anyone else noticed this?

Attached is a pic showing the one clean spot and the thin film of oil around the rest of the pan.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look's like transmission pan. Rather than the oil pan. Did you have tranny service done lately?
1. Yup my mistake it is the transmission pan.
2. Had the transmission flush service performed last year.

I wiped it down for now and will keep and eye on it to see if it comes back. If so I will

3. Take it to the dealer! (under extended warranty)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Its possible the pan bolts were not perfectly torqued or the gasket had some tiny scratch or flaw on it allowing a minute amount of fluid to weep through. I've had it happen more than once on my MB Fleet over the years...

·
Registered
939 Posts
Every so often, the stars aren't perfectly aligned and as Mercury begins that retrograde spin, that's when you'll get a leak.

I've done 100+ of those things and they are dead simple to not leak... and then you'll do one and it leaks after a short period. Its a super slow leak, but a leak nonetheless. How many miles was the trans service done?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts