Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, gents.
That was what I wanted to know.
It's nice that newer autos have oil filters so easily accessible. Also nice, is the oil extractor. I never heard of it until I bought my TTS.
Bob

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Seaswood, I think the MB wouldn't set mileage points without knowing if there would be damage to the motor should it be exceeded. That being said, I don't think there would be any significant benefits to changing earlier than recommended, other that peace of mind.
I think filtering and engine manufacture tolerances have changed for the better and what we once believed is no longer applicable.
B

·
Registered
248 Posts
I did ours at around 10,300 miles, but only because the year mark was less than a month away.
I did mine at ~10,000 miles and only 6 months in becasue I was home for the holidays and probably won't be bac with the car till next Christmas, since the Servie was going to be due mid year or at 15K whichever came first, I decieded to push it forward

·
Registered
281 Posts
Question for the old thread: should I change oil at Pepboys or DIY?

Last time they don't have Metris in their database but I just checked today they'll do now at $127 with 0W30 Castrol and Purolator filter.

·
Registered
251 Posts
DIY. That way you know it's done right. I use 8qts 0w40 Pennzoil platinum. But, any MB 229.5 oil should be fine. You can get the filter and crush washer at your local MB dealership or order it online.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Question for the old thread: should I change oil at Pepboys or DIY?

Last time they don't have Metris in their database but I just checked today they'll do now at $127 with 0W30 Castrol and Purolator filter.
1.Hahahahahahahahahaaahahahaaaha!

2. The last dealership I worked at had $149 a service, the new one has just a LOF for around that.
Don't Pep Boys.

·
Registered
281 Posts
1.Hahahahahahahahahaaahahahaaaha!

2. The last dealership I worked at had $149 a service, the new one has just a LOF for around that.
Don't Pep Boys.
Just called the dealer and they won't do either A or B if the light is not on yet. The only oil change is $250 so I guess I'll do it or just go to Jiffy Lube 15 minutes oil change :laugh:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Good luck at jiffy lube. If it was a old school vehicle, screw on oil filter, I wouldn't worry about them. They will vacuum the oil which is fine...I would worry about the cartridge oil filter. I know on some..my BMW the filter is part of a housing that sits on the side of the engine..you don't want someone over torquing it..It can cause a leak in the housing. I also would not trust their syn. oil.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts