Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my spark plugs swapped out on a 2016 Metris passenger van at 44,000+ miles. When I picked up the van from the dealership, the counter guy said the mechanic asked him to show me a sample of the removed spark plugs and point out that it had a bit of oil marks at the base. When I asked counter guy what this meant or if this was a concern, he said "no, it's not really a problem, but the mechanic asked me to show it to you".

Any idea what the dealer's mechanic was trying to telegraph to me by making sure they showed me the old plug? (There was no advisory or note on the service invoice.)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just had my spark plugs swapped out on a 2016 Metris passenger van at 44,000+ miles. When I picked up the van from the dealership, the counter guy said the mechanic asked him to show me a sample of the removed spark plugs and point out that it had a bit of oil marks at the base. When I asked counter guy what this meant or if this was a concern, he said "no, it's not really a problem, but the mechanic asked me to show it to you".

Any idea what the dealer's mechanic was trying to telegraph to me by making sure they showed me the old plug? (There was no advisory or note on the service invoice.)
Maybe just to reassure you the plugs were changed?

I always ask to see the old plugs. Often I get asked by the tech: "Don't you trust me?". My response is if I didn't trust you (the shop/tech) I wouldn't be asking to see the plugs (or air filter or...) I would have the vehicle at another shop.

I am just curious as to what the old plugs look like.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I’d send an email to the service manager and ask them to explain what message the mechanic was trying to convey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts