Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introduction
This handbook provides all principal equipment codes available from the factory. It is intended to serve as an active aid during sales consultations, and assist in formulating key sales arguments to customers.

The codes are listed in alphabetical order.

The descriptions explain technical features and their benefits in detail. Pictures are included where possible.

Complete 2D‐drawings are available at:
www.upfitterportal.com

DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHMENT FOR THE FULL 146 pages EQUIPMENT GUIDE

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know where to buy the plastic paneling for the cargo area ? (also pricing ?)

Inquired with local dealer and they are not getting back to me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Does anyone know where to buy the plastic paneling for the cargo area ? (also pricing ?)

Inquired with local dealer and they are not getting back to me.
Probably because it's a royal pain to figure out what's needed and harder still to actually acquire said pieces. So far it's been three months, 4 dealer visits, 3 incorrect parts shipments, multiple phone calls and lots of poor communication to finally get (mostly) everything.

First the easy part.

Part numbers 447-690-27-01 through 447-690-32-01 are the rear cargo panels. That's six panels for seven spaces, the top of the cargo door doesn't get paneled. No one is sure why, so don't ask.

Part numbers 447-747-11-00 and 447-747-12-00 are the rear door panels.

Costs are $46.00 - $55.00 per panel, depending on size.

Now the nearly impossible part.

Oh, you need fasteners with that? Fasteners are not included. 50% my bad and 50% dealer not being proactive and offering actual things you fasten panels with.

For the bottom panels you need: 42 of part number A000-991-39-40-9051

For the top panels you need 24 trim clip and screw combinations.

Except the trim clips listed in the parts book are not the trim clips you need.
Trim clip listed is: 001-991-81-98 YOU DO NOT WANT THESE!!!
Dealer re-ordered three times and 3 times it was the wrong part (what was that definition of insanity?).
The trim clip you actually need is only available from Germany and is part number A004-994-71-45.

The screws you need are part number N000000-001527.
Except the screw head of these is smaller then the opening in the panel and therefore will not actually fasten the panel to the frame. Apparently there's a third piece involved that the dealer is supposedly still researching 3 weeks later. I gave up and bought some bonded flat washers and matte black spray paint.

Total out of pocket is around $450.00 for parts. Total cost for time and frustration makes me hesitant to go back.

I get the distinct feeling Metris owners fall into a service gap between MB's usual clientele and the Sprinter driver backed by volume and fleet manager clout. We care about our vehicles as much as the elite clientele but we also ask lots of questions and are very hands on, something MB seems unfamiliar with. Coupled with dealer lack of knowledge surrounding these vehicles, poor documentation and weak preparedness leads to simple things becoming frustrating fast. In my more conspiratorial moods I wonder if they're trying to discourage DIY in hopes you'll just drop the keys off with instructions and a blank check, but that'd make me the crazy one ;)

cheers and good luck

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have paneled a couple vans using luan plywood cut to the individual sizes required. Luan is thin enough to bend a little to conform to the van body, and it is actually a form of mahogany, so it takes mahogany stain beautifully. Varnish when you have the pieces cut and drilled perfectly, and it will look like the interior of a classic wood boat. Fasteners could be flat-head sheet-metal screws using trim washers. Here's a site with several different types of washers:
https://www.mcfeelys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+trim+washers
Total cost should be under $100, and you sure wouldn't run into another like it easily.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks a lot for this detailed write up !!!....you definitely saved me a lot of headaches is appears. I will have to consider a few other options now before making decision.

Thanks again..

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a question on the side panels. I ordered a cargo version with a code "C07 Cargo Protection Pkg." which includes code "VA3 Side Wall Panel - Full Hardboard". I have seen pictures and vans with panels below the belt line. I have seen pictures of cargos with full panels both above and below the belt line. What exactly is the VA3?? There is no other option noted and I want the full, above and below the belt line.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a question on the side panels. I ordered a cargo version with a code "C07 Cargo Protection Pkg." which includes code "VA3 Side Wall Panel - Full Hardboard". I have seen pictures and vans with panels below the belt line. I have seen pictures of cargos with full panels both above and below the belt line. What exactly is the VA3?? There is no other option noted and I want the full, above and below the belt line.
I may have the answer to my own question! V30 is apparently the interior cargo paneling for below the belt line and VA3 is for exactly what I wanted and ordered. That parts guide is extremely helpful! Thank you to the poster.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks for posting this. It answers all of the questions I had when I placed my order that the salesman couldn't answer. I will need to send it to him!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just an FYI for those ordering the cargo van. The lower panels fasteners are one time use, so if you want to sound or temperature insulate your van you'll have to drill out the existing fasteners, then re-order and re-install. Not a big deal since the lower fasteners seem readily available. I would make sure you order the package with upper panels since those fasteners, while re-usable, are almost impossible to come by.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Funny - I don't find those lower fasteners to be one-time-use. Mine are two-pieces - a wider one and a smaller one that fits inside of the big one and expands it a bit. Just put a flat blade under the smaller one and extract it - the big one will then easily pull out as well. Installation is opposite of removal....of course.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts