Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all: I have a 135" LWB Cargo coming SOON!

As I lay out my build I have been considering the suspension. I want to avoid too light and too heavy.

Does anyone know whether the 135" LWB springs are different than the 126? Are there "heavier" or "lighter" duty springs available? Anybody have some part numbers?

I will be driving unladen or with loads < 500# quite often, at least early on. I've wondered whether the passenger springs might be better given that lightweight mix of use.

OTOH, I am wondering what a reasonable "built-out" weight limit should be. I am not going to lay 2,500 pounds of full-time load on the Metris. Has anyone got an idea what a modest build-out (bed, sink, stove, fridge, heat) will end up weighing?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
181 Posts
The original goal was stop it from hitting the bump-stops and it was pretty good to that end but they were really good at eliminating the "bobble-head" ride that i was getting when loaded. it really firmed things up. The heavy-duty springs from that ebay link (he actually has two levels) really did the job of raising the ride height back to normal and keep it off of the bump stops. it rides really nice now - no bobble-head and almost never hits the stops. If it does bottom out now, it would have in any configuration.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks. I may go that route --

1 - 5 of 5 Posts