Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

Odd rear window situation for cargo version

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  glass man 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd share something a rep at MBUSA confirmed. Currently in the online configurator when looking at the cargo version, it shows rear windows in the picture, which is misleading. To get rear windows, there is a package, W61, that is
"currently delayed and no information on when this may be available for ordering. It is also only available for the passenger Metris."

However, W78 is for heated rear windows with wipers, which IS available for the cargo version. Seems odd, but ok, I guess I'm getting heated rear windows. :confused:

#3 ·
Hello,I have a cargo version with barn doors and would like to have rear windows installed in the doors. I called my MB sales person and he said factory glass from MB would be about $1500 plus installation.Does anyone know if aftermarket glass is available yet? I called a sprinter conversion co. and their parts guy said the distributor they deal with doesn't have the windows available yet.

#8 ·
Thanks for the info. I had to look up st.globains :) I will try to find Vito windows online if possible. When I inquired about MB factory replacement windows I was told that I need to use the vin # of a Metris that came with that option but $1500 was too pricey for me anyway. Overall I'm very happy with the van but wish I could of ordered one with options I wanted. I couldn't wait the six weeks as my previous van broke down and wasn't worth repairing.

#9 ·
Metris back window

Yes.... Windows can be installed in the rear doors. About a month ago I did find one supplier that has aftermarket glass, but when I went back and looked, they were no longer available. I believe they were made in China.
I am buying the glass from mercedes. the privacy glass part #'s are 4477451110 and 4477451010. they currently have a list price of $ 275.00 each.
I own an autoglass shop in PA. I am currently servicing our local van upfitter and have done Sprinters and several Metris vans as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.