Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

Normal Operating Temperature

12K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  raycoxhvac 
#1 ·
After just less than 4 months we finally took delivery this past weekend and are very happy with the van. After tooling around for a weekend and pushing all the buttons I have noticed that the normal operating temperature of the vehicle seems to be 90C which is not the middle of the gauge (normal temp gauge convention). The manual just says the temp can vary and shut it off if it tells you to. I'm not worried cause it's stable but wondering if it's the same with other people's vans or some odd Merc thing that I'm not used to?

#5 ·
Brand new owner here, less then a week. I found this forum just for this question. I did a search to not start a new thread, but this is the only one i could find. Seems my new van, the temperature needle is at the mark just above horizontal. That seems like a weird place to put the normal operating temp, but its like this on all vans? Thanks for any others that can verify this.

#6 · (Edited)
Welcome to MetrisForum :)

That's normal, and it is across the range of MB vehicles. I had the exact same notion years ago with our SUV. MB decided to extend the operating range on their vehicles beyond vertical, with white ticks going to 12 o clock and a few red ticks to 2 o' clock, and the red ones are hard to see (sunlight, sunglasses, ...) ... but considering all the ticks, one or two above horizontal is half way on the range.