Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using Nokian WR C3 tires? https://www.nokiantires.com/all-weather-tires/nokian-wr-c3/

These are the commercial version of the WR G3, which is an "all weather" tire, somewhere between all-season and a studless winter. The normal "G" version worked great for mild winters in Denver on my Audi, and I want them on my van too. However, I want the C3 since it has a higher load rating. Couldn't find them anywhere last winter.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm interested as well. My van came with summer tires, and since my wife does most of the dirving on it (It's her car, I only get to drive it when we all go out) want to make sure she's safe when the little snow hits South Carolina. Although we don't have a harsh Winter (or soI've been told) I believe that an RWD with summer tires are no bueno. So At the very least I would like to get some good all-seasons

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, now I'll have to wait and see. Tire shop called back and said they were told Nokian has them "in production" with a 6–8 wk lead time. I can wait, but not too much longer.

I was quoted ~$900 installed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Called Nokian today to see what the deal is with these tires. No WRC3s available and none slated for production.

I'll have to decide now between the standard WRG3 and a Michelin Defender LTX. I don't know if the LTX is that great in snow though...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've also had a set of Nokians on a 2002 VW Eurovan. It was a tank in our NW crazy snow. I'll be getting a new set for the Metris. What rims are you guys putting your snow tires on? Steel or Aluminum? Where are you sourcing them?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just got a set of alloys from discount tire direct. $92 each, free shipping, and a load rating of 2100 lbs each. I thought that was a pretty good deal, the stock steel wheels are $75 each on eBay.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm pretty sure 16" will fit on the Metris too. I was going to buy a set of rims off Craigslist that had pretty good looking snow tires on them, but the tires only had a load rating of 100.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just tried fitting a rim from a '99 CLK (on my W123), and the Metris 14mm lug bolts will not fit through the holes in older rims designed for 12mm.

What OE rims will work with the Metris?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts