Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I own a 2017 metris that I purchased new in November 2017. I took it in for service to my MB dealer in November 2019 with about 10,000 miles on the odometer. After I picked it up, i started hearing a sound occasionally at around the 2k rpm that appears to be coming from the transmission area. It sounded like a metal panel was loosened and not secured properly. Unfortunately, it wasn't happening often enough that i should be able to replicate it for the MB technician should he want to hear it. It's been 2 months since then. The noise is happening more frequently, but I have still not figured out how to make it happen on demand. The transmission shifts perfectly. Did any of you have an experience of this sort?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi folks,
I own a 2017 metris that I purchased new in November 2017. I took it in for service to my MB dealer in November 2019 with about 10,000 miles on the odometer. After I picked it up, i started hearing a sound occasionally at around the 2k rpm that appears to be coming from the transmission area. It sounded like a metal panel was loosened and not secured properly. Unfortunately, it wasn't happening often enough that i should be able to replicate it for the MB technician should he want to hear it. It's been 2 months since then. The noise is happening more frequently, but I have still not figured out how to make it happen on demand. The transmission shifts perfectly. Did any of you have an experience of this sort?
What service did they perform before it started making the noise?

There's a large underbody panel under the engine and gearbox. It's secured by a bunch of Torx-head screws. I'd crawl under and check if any are loose or missing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What service did they perform before it started making the noise?

There's a large underbody panel under the engine and gearbox. It's secured by a bunch of Torx-head screws. I'd crawl under and check if any are loose or missing.
Hi Gottlieb
So I had my mechanic put the metris on the lift and I inspected the underside big flat plate for missing screws. Sure enough, 2 screws were missing. I was excited that we found the source of the noise (so I thought at the time). We put in new screws and got the van off the lift. The noise reappeared as soon as I drove away from the mechanic. Next stop, MB service center. Will keep you all posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts