Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a new Metris owner and wanted to share this pic as it seems the aftermarket Curt hitch doesn't always get a heatshield. Not running Nitrous...just a 4 hour highway drive.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
This issue was reported in another thread about the aftermarket hitch by Draw-Tite also not having a shield. Check with Curt to see if they will replace for free and inquire about damage to your vehicle. The issue is that the heat is blocked by the hitch and funneled through that small opening which causes the melting issue on the bumper. Horizon Group (owns Hidden hitch) replaced my hitch for free with one that had the shield, but it took them a while to find one that was updated with the shield. I was lucky and caught it prior to melting plastic. Mercedes will probably say its an issue only to the aftermarket hitches...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Curt (Draw-Tite) has modified their original hitch and will cover the damage and replace accordingly. Hopefully others will catch it beforehand. It's good to deal with companies that back up what they sell. One phone call and yes sir, we'll get that replaced ASAP. It's almost pain free.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts