Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

No Front Tow Hook Included

11K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  MJA 
#1 ·
Embarrassing story, but I needed to use my front tow hook this morning in the snow. This is the one that screws in through the knockout on the front bumper. I looked in the tool kit and there was no such thing! Then I looked in the owner's manual, and it says "get the hook out of the tool kit" :frown:.

Do these vans not come with the tow hook? Does MB just assume a tow truck would have one of those and use it?

Anyone know what size thread these hooks are? (I was able to rescue myself without a tow afterall) Thanks.

#8 ·
I got one with mine. I dun remember if its in the storage tote I use or in the toolkit, but I know i have one. (I also carry a large breaker bar with lug socket, and a large toolkit full of sockets- and fuses.) I have never use the stuff, except the time I went off road thanks to the hankooks, But your life is a lot easier if you happen to have the fuse or wrench required to fix something.

#10 ·
Haha, yeah that's kind of what I did, actually. Front end kept sliding down a hill laterally, so I was going to have a friend pull me back up while I used chains on the rears. Would have been nice to have 4x4. I ended up shoveling myself out down to bare ground for front traction instead. (I actually looked into getting a second pair of chains for the fronts, but that is not recommended either by MB or in general on non-drive axles)

I ordered a new hook from the dealer.

#14 ·
Mine came in a bag also just laying on the floor under the seat. I've since put it inside the back passenger side wall compartment in the trunk area. Haven't needed it yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.