Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Ok, had my 2020 126" cargo van in for the two recalls. Brake reservoir and fuel lines/clamps.

Arrived a few minutes before the 1pm appointment time and drove the van away at 2:17pm.

Oh, current mileage on the van is 16979 miles.

For the recall campaign: #2022040011 -- Check and Replace Fuel Hose; 2 Loom ties (006-997-18-90) were replaced and one fuel hose (0000000-004158) was replaced.

For the recall campaign #2022090032 -- Check Brake Fluid Reservoir Mounting -- the check found the brake fluid reservoir in no need of any attention.

While in the service bay the tech performed a multi-point inspection.

Front and rear brakes (both over 5mm). Front tires (over 7/32") and rear tires (over 6/32"). Front tires were replaced just late last fall. A bit worn -- mainly from use in town with lots of sharp turns -- and since the van is my foul weather vehicle I wanted good tires all around. Rear tires were hardly worn at all.

Tire pressures were checked. No note of what the pressures were or if they needed adjusting but I try to keep the tire pressures good.

Drive belts checked. Everything looked good.

Inspection for oil/fluid leaks. None found.

Coolant level checked and was ok.

Windshield checked. Ok.

The multi-point inspection found nothing in need of attention.

So the two safety recalls are out of the way. The hose being replaced was probably preventative in nature to get a better hose in there. There was no odor of gasoline. No leak sign.

Am very happy with the M-B dealer (Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas (Bentonville, AR)) and its service department, and with the sales department too for I bought the van there in August 2020 and the purchase was a most pleasant experience.

Have been thinking about buying another M-B but not sure what I want other than I think I want something with a V-6 engine. But a coupe, sedan or SUV... I don't know.

I'm going in on the 26th. They said they need it all day so they're giving me a loaner. I know the brake fluid reservoir needs to be remounted. I'd be surprised if the fuel lines are bad, but who knows.

Got a letter in the mail about this recall from MB, made an appointment with the local MB dealer and they had the parts in a week and did the inspection and gas line/clamp replacements. Apparently my van did need the replacement parts upon inspection. Just an update for others out there with this recall.

Ok, had my 2020 126" cargo van in for the two recalls. Brake reservoir and fuel lines/clamps.

Arrived a few minutes before the 1pm appointment time and drove the van away at 2:17pm.

Oh, current mileage on the van is 16979 miles.

For the recall campaign: #2022040011 -- Check and Replace Fuel Hose; 2 Loom ties (006-997-18-90) were replaced and one fuel hose (0000000-004158) was replaced.

For the recall campaign #2022090032 -- Check Brake Fluid Reservoir Mounting -- the check found the brake fluid reservoir in no need of any attention.

While in the service bay the tech performed a multi-point inspection.

Front and rear brakes (both over 5mm). Front tires (over 7/32") and rear tires (over 6/32"). Front tires were replaced just late last fall. A bit worn -- mainly from use in town with lots of sharp turns -- and since the van is my foul weather vehicle I wanted good tires all around. Rear tires were hardly worn at all.

Tire pressures were checked. No note of what the pressures were or if they needed adjusting but I try to keep the tire pressures good.

Drive belts checked. Everything looked good.

Inspection for oil/fluid leaks. None found.

Coolant level checked and was ok.

Windshield checked. Ok.

The multi-point inspection found nothing in need of attention.

So the two safety recalls are out of the way. The hose being replaced was probably preventative in nature to get a better hose in there. There was no odor of gasoline. No leak sign.

Am very happy with the M-B dealer (Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas (Bentonville, AR)) and its service department, and with the sales department too for I bought the van there in August 2020 and the purchase was a most pleasant experience.

Have been thinking about buying another M-B but not sure what I want other than I think I want something with a V-6 engine. But a coupe, sedan or SUV... I don't know.
Double check your reservoir.

We got the letter from Mercedes-Benz yesterday - dated May, 2022. We called our local dealer and were told that the next available appointment is the end of August. This is for a "safety recall"! We were also told that they might have to keep the van for two to five days, even though the letter explicitly says it "could take approximately 1 hour."
We are sending a letter to MB requesting they authorize us to have the inspection & work performed at our local MB certified repair shop and that they will reimburse us for the work.
We'll see what response we get.
Well, we sent the letter to MB Customer Advocacy Center with USPS tracking on May 10 and have yet to hear anything back. We know it was received. Certainly has changed our opinion about Mercedes-Benz as a quality, customer-oriented company!

That's unfortunate. Big companies can be like that ...

It has to find its way to the right person, who may be swamped with other things to catch up on. Then, when a recall and money is involved, it probably has to be cleared with other people, ...

If you don't hear back within 30 days, I'd try to reach a person by phone.

Double check your reservoir.
I checked it before pretty soon after I became aware of the recall. It looked fine. Had the van in for both the brake reservoir and fuel line recalls. Tech reported the brake reservoir was fine.

Not sure what I can see now that I didn't see before and what the tech whose job it is to inspect these didn't see when he was specifically looking for any signs of a problem.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.