Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2017 Metris in for the fuel line recall. When the van was returned to me, it was indicating service required in 21 days. Is this a coincidence, or did the dealer reset something without telling me?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I believe those notices start with 30 days and count down daily ending with the anniversary of the last A service. Perhaps you didn't notice at first; it only shows on the display for a few seconds. I don't think they can set it at 21 days; only do a reset. That you were down to 2k miles tells me you were close anyway. I'm getting the same message with 13,000 miles to go. Odd they didn't mention it when they had it in their greedy hands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I agree it's odd they didn't mention it. I saw this as soon as I turned the engine on and each time since so I'm thinking that missing the message for 9 days is also odd.

The schedule is time or millage whichever hits first, right? In that case, I should have hit the millage limit as I do long distance driving. The vehicle was last serviced June 2018.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I took my 2017 Metris in for the fuel line recall. When the van was returned to me, it was indicating service required in 21 days. Is this a coincidence, or did the dealer reset something without telling me?
I had message of A service from day one after purchase new 2016 in April 2017 I believe that is was because the van was actually one year old, I was told to ignore the message and wait for the miles.
At my A service the dealer had changed the oil and since it was part of my purchase price nothing else was done. I believe the amount was $295.00 prepaid, pretty pricey oil change. Good dealers are send from haven :) and it depend on the person that takes your van in, he is actually god with small g he/she can do lots of things for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts