Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Metris as a demo unit (w 600mi) and it did not come with a factory alarm system. So after much contemplation I bought one of the best on the market. I occasionally have to park some pricey gear in some pretty bad neighborhoods while I work just around the corner. I record audio and sometimes I don't hear environmental sounds very well while I'm working so I got the setup that alerts my phone as soon as a door is opened of a window is broken. That way I may have a chance at keeping my stuff or catching a hit and run vehicle.

I went to midcity engineering in Chicago and they were great! After so many hiccups with any Metris service or addition through dealerships, it's refreshing for everything to work the way it should. I also got my Radar dectector cable wired into my dash to free up a lighter port and get that wire out of my way.

I can get the basic phone support $40/yr , or I could pay a little extra $100/yr and get gps tracking ability. I'm still on the fence about that. All said and done it was $1K but I value the peace of mind and deterrence this system may add. Also, I will never wonder if I locked my doors. It chirps when I do (which is easier than just lights blinking for me to take note of for some reason) and I can check and relock (or open) with the phone app! :smile:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Also, it can chirp when you lock it if you turn it on in the cluster.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Also, it can chirp when you lock it if you turn it on in the cluster.
Yep, I finally discovered that a while back...though it's a 'mild' horn tap...not a GM/FORD 'honk'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts