Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
The wheels are nice, but I personally don't like black wheels, on my mind they look like those black steel wheels lacking the cover. Eventhough the wheels are nice I can't go pass that. Do they come in silver?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Also, they have a different lug thickness. They take the smaller ones. Trust me, those are the first ones I looked into. I love those wheels.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I'm sure SOMEBODY makes a 14mm copy of the Monobloc. It has to be one of the most copied and imitated wheel ever- I remember the Toyota Camry sport model from ~ 2000 came with a wheel that looked like it. One of Sacco's better works... exactly the right balance of subtlety and sportiness combined with decent rigidity.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Sure, but... Knockoff. I may be running CLA250 wheels, but at least they're REAL CLA250 wheels

·
Registered
52 Posts
Also, they have a different lug thickness. They take the smaller ones. Trust me, those are the first ones I looked into. I love those wheels.
So I've been contemplating upgrading to these 18" x 9" AMG ML55 2005 MODEL ALLOY WHEELS. Are you saying they are totally incompatible with the Metris / Vito ?

Attachments

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I would be surprised if the W163 used 12mm bolts. It wasn’t exactly light. But I dont actually know. I admire certain looks a lot, but I prefer my car invisible.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I was doing my research for wheels and wheel compatibility I used:
http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/information/fitting_chart/mercedes-benz

This lists most of the Mercedes wheels over the last few decades, the size, offset, etc are all listed there.

I used www.tirerack.com to see what size and types of wheels they support on the metris. They listed 18x8 wheels and used the wheel chart from alloy wheels to verify what was a match based on tirerack.

I researched lug nut compatibility on a few sites to verity the bolts would work with the Metris.

I settled on the wheels from a 2007 ML500 and will be getting my winter tires installed on those.

I will post pics once I get them installed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts