Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I'm fairly new here. I am a Mexican citizen working temporary in the US. I first found this forum when trying to decide whether to buy a passenger Metris fully loaded in the US as a replacement of my wife's GLK, taking advantage of the very low interest rates here or to buy a V class in Mexico and bring it with me. I decided for the latter even with an outrageous interest rate of ~16%. Why? Couple of reason to start I should say that the Metris I wanted fully loaded was going for about $48K. The V class I got went for about $55-60K depending on the exchange rate. I considered that the difference in interior, exterior and other goodies was well worth the extra $10K and the extra interest.

The only problem I had with it is that I custom ordered, waited 4 months for it and it came without the panoramic sunroof. Other than that I was able to order almost all the options available internationally. I got the diesel engine. (V220d) 2-2-3 seat configuration with the central table, and reversible seats, all the electronic goodies, unfortunately no trailer hitch, as it was not an option for Mexico.

I took delivery about a month ago but literally just flew down there to receive it and came back to work while my family was on vacation back at home. I got it to the US this Monday. It only has 3500 miles on it, so far so good. When its time for its next service i'll see if I can get a dealer to service it here or not.

Luckily most of the accessories for the Metris will fit my I just ordered the floor mats and was greatly impressed of how they adjust to every possible option. Next I'll try to get the cross bars for the roof rails. and will try the hitch installation at a later time.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here you go, some interior pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
For $60k? I don't think Americans would pay 50% more readily enough to kill the other minivans. Also it has the same massive disadvantage of the Metris- it is nowhere near as adaptable without physically removing hardware from the van.

Not to say you don't have an awesome van there, dude.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Bring it to Atlanta. I want to see it!
Is there anything covering the lower pinch weld?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bring it to Atlanta. I want to see it!
Is there anything covering the lower pinch weld?
I might, I'm in Greenville, SC so not too far.

No nothing covers the pinch weld, but you can't see it unless you want to ;)

Also, does it have brake hold?
Yes, Sorry for the late response, I didn't drive it till today. I just checked. I didn't discovered it in my former GLK until a week before selling it :(

·
Registered
184 Posts
Robb, what do we have to do to get that center console?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yurp, believe me, I've looked at what crosses over... Not much.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess I have a heavy foot LOL. I drove it mostly on sport mode at speeds 75-80 and got about 34 MPG Which is awesome for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts