Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a new TPMS sensor will automatically program and get picked up by the computer, or does it have to be programmed?

I know some cars you can drive for a while and the light will go off. Others need to be programmed.

My plan is to replace my snow tire with another set of wheels/tires. I bought 2 wheels and 2 MB TPM sensors. I want to do this so that I can swap the winter tire myself.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put new MB sensors in my aftermarket wheels and they were picked up by the van without any programming...should be no problem

·
Registered
401 Posts
I bough another set of oem wheels for snow tires from someone on eBay that had oem sensors they pick up after driving around for little bit. After that when I go back to my regular wheels and winter it picks up faster

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to update, they will work fine. I installed the wheels (with new MB sensors) and tires on Thursday morning. The tire pressure light did come on but I was able to clear it through the dash controls(I don’t have steering wheel controls).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do the sensors need to be genuine MB or would any 433mHz TPMS valve/apparatus work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts