Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! After months of searching I finally pulled the trigger on a Metris. I flew out to Scranton PA and drove it back to Colorado this weekend. I bought this used from Toyota of Scranton. A few questions:

1. It was at 30k and Toyota said they did an Oil and Transmission fluid change as part of our deal. They gave me a service sheet stating so. But it sounds like this service would need to be completed at MB. Do you think they actually did the Oil or Transmission fluid change?

2. This Metris has the auto heater. I set the temps and turn off the rear heaters, but when I restart the car the rear heater is turned on and the temps have changed. Is that normal?

3. It’s fully loaded, but doesn’t have GPS or backup camera. Can I add a memory card and get GPS? I’ve read the threads on the backup camera and am still trying to figure out what to do.

Other than that this van is awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
If they documented the trans oil change i would think they completed it. It's a pretty straightforward job. In order to verify, you could ask them which fluid they used, because I'm pretty sure they would not have that fluid in stock. If they say they bought it from their vendor i would ask for the receipt. And just state that for warrantee you want to have it for your records.

I noticed the adv in your name. Offroad bikes? I'm a GS and ktm 450...DS guy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they documented the trans oil change i would think they completed it. It's a pretty straightforward job. In order to verify, you could ask them which fluid they used, because I'm pretty sure they would not have that fluid in stock. If they say they bought it from their vendor i would ask for the receipt. And just state that for warrantee you want to have it for your records.

I noticed the adv in your name. Offroad bikes? I'm a GS and ktm 450...DS guy.
Yeah buddy. Bought this to be my moto/mtb hauler. I just sold my 1090 as I was getting tired of riding highways around Coloradans, and picked up another Husky 501. I’m working with Bolt-it-on to make a setup for the Metris. Are you hauling inside yours? I didn’t realize the passenger lost 4” of headroom clearance so it looks like a tight fit for the 501.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pull the dipstick and look at the oil. You can tell if it's fresh or old and brown with a strong fuel smell.
I wasn’t too concerned with the oil. I’ll see if it has a new filter. The transmission fluid worries me. I’m not really sure how to verify that that was done.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah buddy. Bought this to be my moto/mtb hauler. I just sold my 1090 as I was getting tired of riding highways around Coloradans, and picked up another Husky 501. I’m working with Bolt-it-on to make a setup for the Metris. Are you hauling inside yours? I didn’t realize the passenger lost 4” of headroom clearance so it looks like a tight fit for the 501.
Awesome. 501/500 are great. I would've got the 500 but just picked up a 450 6 days edition. But yes I haul my bikes. I primarily ride ktm 300 for the hardcore stuff...beta 300 for trials. Also put my BMW sportbike in there as well....and Mtb bike...dogs...lol. Heading back to taylo r park this summer. Love that place. I would just ask them about the fluid and documentation to go with it. The engine oil, no brainer. I love the van!

Lane

·
Registered
2016 Cargo converted into a camper van
340 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your buy.

You can replace the Becker display with a third party unit to add a backup camera and get GPS for the nav system. There are numerous threads addressing that issue.

I'd seriously consider the extended MB warranty if you're still under the 3 year time limit. These babies are expensive to repair when something goes wrong....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome. 501/500 are great. I would've got the 500 but just picked up a 450 6 days edition. But yes I haul my bikes. I primarily ride ktm 300 for the hardcore stuff...beta 300 for trials. Also put my BMW sportbike in there as well....and Mtb bike...dogs...lol. Heading back to taylo r park this summer. Love that place. I would just ask them about the fluid and documentation to go with it. The engine oil, no brainer. I love the van!

Lane[/QUOTE]

Do you have the passenger or the cargo? Any pics with the 6days inside?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your buy.

You can replace the Becker display with a third party unit to add a backup camera and get GPS for the nav system. There are numerous threads addressing that issue.

I'd seriously consider the extended MB warranty if you're still under the 3 year time limit. These babies are expensive to repair when something goes wrong....
How do I look into the extended warranty? Can I just go to my local MB

·
Registered
305 Posts
I wasn’t too concerned with the oil. I’ll see if it has a new filter. The transmission fluid worries me. I’m not really sure how to verify that that was done.

Yeah, I hear ya. Car salesman will say anything for a sale. Maybe even print up a bogus receipt. You can always do the tranny yourself or have it done later. It's not like it's going to self destruct at 31000 miles because the fluid wasn't changed.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Look for GPS module that plugs into the inside of the glove box, it's on the left inside. If not that will activate your GPS, it is an option for the Becker 15

·
Registered
862 Posts
How do I look into the extended warranty? Can I just go to my local MB
Mercedes is now showing a list price for the ELWs on its configurator website. They listed $3,380 for the 7/120 ELW for my 2018 Cargo. Folks here say they can be had for as little as $2800. I offered $3,100 as part of an overall deal and was easily successful. I'm guessing $2,800 is doable.

Check out this thread -- https://www.metrisforum.com/forum/1...ral-discussion/5530-warranty-solutions-5.html

and this MB site (noticed it's now 5/100, 6/120 & 7/140)

https://www.mbvans.com/sprinter/mercedes-van-warranty-protection-plan

·
Registered
2016 Cargo converted into a camper van
340 Posts
Focus805 sent you to the right link. I too purchased mine from Tafel Motors. I see what they have for a price and then see if your local dealer will match it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts