Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Houdy Ya'll!!! Most of us Texans don't really talk like that. Just picked up my 2016 Metris with 9000 miles on it. Mine has a Regency Package which consists of diamond leather seats, burl walnut interior trim package, chrome Mercedes wheels, DVD and Game station on 4 head rests, and interior LED lighting. Looking forward to being active in the forum and seeking advice for custom upgrades. I already like the spacer lift kit idea with larger tires. As you can see by my Avatar, I like lift kits and big tires. That is my 2007 Ford E350 XLT Diesel 4X4 Van over shadowing my wife's Metris.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Welcome to the club. Looking forward to you becoming a 101 member.

Reactions: Tbone

·
Registered
62 Posts
I became a 101 member a couple of weeks ago when I was in danger of being late for work. Perfect attendance at my job grants me immunity from mandatory overtime on scheduled days off. I hit the 101mph speed limiter at least 8 times on my way in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, got it now. I haven't read through the manual yet but I'm pretty sure I won't be doing 101 to many times to make the nanny go off.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
It's not a nanny, it's a soft limiter. At 101 the car will suddenly stop accelerating. It's a fairly sharp sensation as it is still distinctly accelerating at that speed. The 195kph limit on the V-class is also a limiter. A V250 with its limiter disabled (you need a new ECU for that, btw) can do ~140 mph. If you are good at avoiding speed traps, and the road is right, there is no real reason not to put the hammer down. The Metris handles at that speed with the stability and directional control of a bullet train. It may be commercial, but a Metris is definitely a Mercedes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello from San Angelo Texas. We also just bought a 2016 Metris with 36,000 miles! Was wondering about the lift kit you mentioned in your post. I would like to lift mine about 2 or 3 inches, but still allowing it to fit into my garage. Can you point me in the right direction about a small lift kit? I want to add a trailer hitch and use it for a rear bike rack, but would rather not have it so low to the ground. Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts