Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just drove my new 2016 Metris passenger van home today!

I'm looking forward to sharing the experience with other enthusiasts on this forum!

John in the NY Hudson Valley

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations. Still debating to wait until the 2017's come out with new mirrors or take the plunge on a great deal I saw on a used one (dealer shuttle with 7K miles for $13K off list).

·
Registered
56 Posts
@WildRiley, TAKE THE DEAL! A new mirror is like $160. My dealer was only offering $3500 off for a shuttle with 8k miles. You'd be crazy not to buy that 2016 - and you can finance it for .9% if you hurry and do it this week. The feds are going to raise that ****!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just hit 9000 on mine. Lovin it.
Remember to use your warranty! Also Wiper blades, wheel balance, front brakes are covered 12k/12mo.
Good to know about the wheel balance. I will plan on asking them when I have it aligned BEFORE the first birthday!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought the last passenger model on the lot at Wappinger Falls MB. Didn't have the packages I wanted (+some I didn't want) but got a good deal. Even my teenage daughter thinks its cool! Good advice about making use of the warranty.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Almost bought from WF MB, but ended up getting a great deal on a MC locally, which will pay off dividends with our business and such. Congrats to the OP on the MP ownership.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I contacted the salesperson I was assigned on the 23rd about the great deal on the shuttle vehicle. Had my title and checkbook (was a requirement before he would correspond with me again), but he did not have any appointment availability and the vehicle is now sold (off their web site). I needed that one final test drive (in crappy weather) and to try loading my kayak with the Rhino Rack T-loader I purchased (had moving blankets and everything needed to protect their vehicle). I don't think I'm a very good commercial customer.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Don't buy until you are completely satisfied with what the Metris can do for you.

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
Agreed. Dude you are gonna spend over $30k on this thing by the time you are through. My truck, MSRP $40,500, transaction price $37,800, is going to cost me nearly $48k after tax, title, extended warranty (a must if you are going to own it more than 3/36), and interest.

You are buying something that's going to cost a heck of a lot of cost. You test it every reasonable way you see fit to make sure it's the right place for you to invest your vehicle cash.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I hate leatherette myself. However, if I had dogs or kids, I might want easy-clean plastic.

I also have the hatch. The hatch door option seems to have better lighting and a better backup camera. It's heavy, not gonna lie, but today I was in a packed parking lot loading 8x4 paneling in the van and was glad there weren't 2 doors sticking out past the sides of the van.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just another thing - do you think it's worth while to try to get a Metris with the additional battery package - I cannot find one near where I live. I do plan to do little camping in the van, and think that package might be handy. There's some good deals on the '16s right now. I could simply order one the way I wanted, but hate to pass up on the deals. :) Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the additional battery package. I might install an inverter so I can power my huge laptop. I also need to upgrade the standard USB port, since it is only 1 amp but most phones are more than that now. There is a greatly detailed book that comes with it, with a nice map of everything, so it should be easy to utilize this battery or get someone else to do it for you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts