Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New owner here. Glad to have this forum. I am a fan of all things MB.

Wanted a Cargo Van but at this point could not find one in Arctic White with a window in the right side door so I bought a window van with a bunch of unwanted options and took the seats out. Turns out to have been a good choice. It is much, much quieter.

More later. Just wanted to say hello!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am currently looking for window options. Would like a camper window with ventilation (screen!) at least in the passenger side slider (cargo version). I wanted the cargo version all the way because I want to load a motorcycle. With the passenger version the headliner took up needed height at the rear doors for clearance. I checked into a side window, only a fixed window is available and they only allowed that with a partition, which just kind of hosed the whole seat bases and all. The partition was not easily removed and would leave a rather ugly base structure that I did not want! So, I ordered with no window and full side panels. I will be adding Dynamat type insulation for sound and heat there as well as on the roof interior.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am currently looking for window options. Would like a camper window with ventilation (screen!) at least in the passenger side slider (cargo version). I wanted the cargo version all the way because I want to load a motorcycle. With the passenger version the headliner took up needed height at the rear doors for clearance. I checked into a side window, only a fixed window is available and they only allowed that with a partition, which just kind of hosed the whole seat bases and all. The partition was not easily removed and would leave a rather ugly base structure that I did not want! So, I ordered with no window and full side panels. I will be adding Dynamat type insulation for sound and heat there as well as on the roof interior.
I'm with you on that. Everything you mentioned was a compromise for me. I will say that they practically begged me to take the passenger van. It was poorly optioned and in Arctic White. So I think I ended up getting about $5000 of options for nothing even before the $4000 rebate.

So, its narrow between the wheels, smaller openings, not place to put a vent window for the traveling cat (see avatar).

But it is quiet. The seats came out in 3 minutes. And, no rattling or booming like the Cargo Van had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts